Mutual Agreement - We're over

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mutual Agreement - We're over

My SO and I have decided neither of us are really ready for a serious relationship. We're just feeling the weight of our lack of independance crushing us, and it was ruining our relationship (both romantic and friendship). For the past three weeks, we've hardly been talking, and no "I love you"s have been exchanged. Just recently, there was almost a domestic violence issue at his house, and the experience has left him rather desensitized to most of everything around him - even me. Yesterday, it finally reached its breaking point, and we had to talk. We both agreed that we weren't exactly ready for this, but we still love each other. We made that much clear. The end game is still the same... we want to meet some day, if we're getting along and can afford it, when we aren't so reliant on our parents for life. If we can get to that point, are both single, and still feel the same... we may pick up where we left off.

I'm hurt, I'm sad, and I may yet fall to pieces, but he's still one of my closest friends. I can live with that.

-hugs- I'm sorry hon. But its good that you guys are still friends maybe when you are both in a better place in life you guys can try again.
    " There is always hope.
    "

Comment

I'm very sorry to hear that. I myself am also going through a break up that resulted from mostly lack of contact...amongst other things. At least you two are still friends and that is a rarity in break ups. Feel free to message me if you want to talk. Things will get better.
      1 Corinthians 13:2 "If I have the gift of prophecy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge; and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but do not have love, then I am nothing."

LFAD Book Reading Challenge Goal: 26 books before January 2013
      Progress: 3/26
      Current Read: Genghis: Bones of the Hills by Conn Iggulden
      Next Read: Kahn: Empire of Silver by Conn Iggulden

Comment

I'm sorry to hear that you and your SO broke up. Hope everything works out for you.
        sigpic

Comment

I'm surprised how well I've taken it, actually. Its been two days, and I haven't shed a tear beyond day one. I'm still rather hurt, but hey, if I'm not crying, then I think I'm doing ok. My SO and I are actually spending more time with each other now that we're simply friends compared to the past few months as a couple. If things keep up like this, and we both find financial independence, then there may yet be hope. I'm not going to get my hopes up, however, because every time I do I get crushed.

Comment

I am a strong believer in fate and the idea that if it's meant to be, it will be. I'm sorry to hear that it's not working out right now, but as you said, if in the future things are different and you still feel the same way about each other, then it will have all been worth it. And if in the future the two of you end up with someone else, then again, it will have all been worth it. I can't imagine what is going through your mind right now, but continue to be strong and just know that everything happens for a reason and that just because its not working out right now doesn't mean that it won't ever and it also means that you shouldn't open your heart to other people who come along, because you never know, maybe your SO isn't your soul mate, and maybe by doing this you're opening yourself up to finding that person, whether it's him or whether it's someone else.

我爱我的男朋友我。现在我们一起。

Comment

Working...
            X