What's the hardest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's the hardest?

I've always wondered what's the hardest for people when they or their SO is leaving from a visit. For example, I got home from visiting my SO a couple days ago, but I felt that the day before I had to leave was the hardest. I was extremely emotional because I kept thinking in my head about x many of days/hours left until I wont be able to physically see and touch him. Plus, I had to ride on a bus for hours just thinking about how much I'll miss waking up to his face every morning. One thing I love about him though is that he always tells me to stay strong, and that's all we can do when we are apart.

Anyway, I'd love to hear what's the hardest time for everyone else when saying a temporary goodbye to their SO. Is it the day of, day before or even the day after you left your SO, etc.

I think for me it was the day of. That train (lol wrote bus but its a train!) ride home, knowing that as it got closer to our stop it would be where we say goodbye, i couldn't help cry i wanted to just get off and say oh no we never made it back so lets just pretend we dont have to. It was so hard then waiting... as the hours ticked down to minutes before he had to leave, it was horrible. Then saying goodbye... not wanting to let go.... seeing him cry... and i hate having family with me because i do not like to cry in front of them so having to try not to break down... its just so horrible and sad and i hated that day saying goodbye is the worst.
    I love you Nathan <3
    sigpic
    5/25/09 <3

Comment

For me it's that hour before he leaves and then the day after he's left. I can still smell him in my bed, on my couch and feel his lips on mine ... it's like torture. I usually just go to bed early the next day. In my case I get to see my boyfriend frequently, every month - month and a half but it's still horrible to say goodbye. Leaving him at the airport ... horrible.

I haven't been to visit him yet but I imagine being at the airport will be really hard for me as well. I hate the distance.

Comment

The hardest part for me was the day off. I really hit me after I got through the security at the airport. I tried not to cry but the water just kept coming.
        sigpic

Comment

For me, it's the few hours after he leaves that gets me the most. If I'm visiting him, I'm usually busy with being terrified of flying to be too upset - but when he leaves, not only am I worried about him flying, I also just miss him like crazy as I catch the train back home. The next day will be fine because I'll invariably be back at work, but that evening alone is hell.

The last time he visited, I dropped him off at the airport. He went through the first little part of security at Heathrow, and then turned to wave goodbye just before he went properly into the terminal where I wouldn't be able to see him anymore. I had moved around the fencing to the side so I could be closer and wave goodbye to him, and he looked back to where I had been, saw I was no longer there, made a little pouty face because he thought I had left, and walked into the terminal without seeing me.

Oh my God, it nearly broke my heart. I hate crying in public (I don't suppose anyone enjoys it) so I literally shoulder barged past a pregnant woman, rugby tackled a couple of toddlers, and slide tackled an elderly gentleman with a cane just to get to the toilets and weep like a three year old. It was pathetic.

Comment

The hardest part for me was once I got home turned around expecting him to be coming in right after me and when I turned around he wasn't there, that and trying to sleep that night because he wasn't sleeping right beside me.

Notes:
            Met: 8.17.09
            Started Dating: 8.20.09
            First Met: 10.2.10
            Closed the Distance: 8.9.14

Comment

I do most of the visiting and subsequent leaving, so for me the day I leave is hard. I always go into panic mode that I am forgetting something, then I pretty much cry the minute we leave the house to go to the airport until I get to the security line.

Comment

Well, I'm going to say that my visit was the entire 4 months that I was in Shanghai, even though we were still technically long distance and saw each other only once a month, it was nothing compared to what it had been. So when I left China it was a bunch of different emotions, firstly because aside from seeing my boyfriend, I had meet some amazing people and done so many amazing things while there that I felt like I was leaving my home. On top of the fact, that my boyfriend was now going to be on the other side of the world from me yet again. The hardest part wasn't even saying goodbye because I was prepared for that. The hardest part was once I was on the plane, I kept watching the flight path of the plane, and as I saw us get farther and farther away from China, I realized that I was getting farther and farther away from him. I cried a lot on that plane ride, the people sitting next to me probably thought that someone had died.

我爱我的男朋友我。现在我们一起。

Comment

It seems like the fact that he or I am leaving usually hits me the last night we are together...both times I cried like a baby I couldn't control it It honestly seems like time goes so fast when I'm with him....
                  " Love don't run....Love don't hide...Love don't turn away or back down from a fight.
                  Baby I'm right here..and I and going anywhere"

Mitch and Stephanie July 14, 2011

Comment

Originally posted by rivi87 View Post
                    It seems like the fact that he or I am leaving usually hits me the last night we are together...both times I cried like a baby I couldn't control it It honestly seems like time goes so fast when I'm with him....
                    The first time we met I was crying the night before, the third time around I was so much less focused on him leaving the next day the night before he left. It was nice to be able to relax with him that night and not be upset about him leaving. I know he'd stay if he could, and I know he gets upset too so I try my best to keep it together.

I think the fact that we get to see each other every month and a half or so helps, I just say we'll see each other again before we know it but I'm still dying inside. Time flies when we're together and before I know it I have to say goodbye again.

Distance is horrible, but think about how strong we all are and how strong our loves one are for being able to do this with us.

Comment

The day of leaving hurts me, as does the day after.
                      I begged my S.O. not to take me to the train station, and as we were on the platform, I sat with his arm around me, and every few minutes, I would see our time leaving.
                      And the day after, I was flying back home, so it was like watching the miles get farther between us.

First Met Online: October 2010
                      First Confessed Feelings: December 21, 2011
                      Became a "Couple": January 7, 2012
                      First Meeting: March 9-14, 2012
                      Second Meeting: July 16-31, 2012
                      Closed the Distance: May 30, 2013
                      Engaged!: June 1, 2013
                      Picking out wedding dates now!

Comment

I would have to say I struggle with all 3 of those days. I guess it's more so of the reality of it kicking in the day before, and the whole "see you soon" process in always heartbreaking, but the day after is when the readjusting phase has to start.
                        I remember the night before my husband left for basic we were going through his things and putting away certain things that he could take with him, and I got so flustered that I just started to clean everything before he just finally stood up and forced me to stop by hugging me and I completely broke down. And spent the next 2 days just in a haze of either crying or cleaning. I learned pretty fast that I'm not good with the whole "see you soon" thing.

Comment

This may be a little bit off topic but i think the hardest thing is thinking about how the last time you saw that person could very well be your last.
                          Especially with my love starting college and being around all sorts of guys.

Comment

For me, the day after one of us leaves is the hardest. Realizing that I have to pick up my life without him in it in person for a while is just so hard. I usually spend that day in bed with a pint of ice cream. It usually becomes easier once I skype with him again, but the time in between is so hard.
                            "I'll hold you in my heart till I can hold you in my arms again."

"It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard...is what makes it great! -A League of Their Own

Met: August 22, 2010
                            Made it official: September 17, 2010
                            Got engaged: January 15, 2012
                            Our First Visit: November 18, 2010-November 28, 2010
                            Our Seventh (and Last) Visit: November 10, 2012-November 24, 2012
                            Got married: November 21, 2012
                            Big Wedding Date: May 25, 2013
                            Closed the Distance: June 2, 2013

Comment

The most difficult part for me is coming home after the airport. My apartment still smells like his cologne and there's evidence all over of his being there one minute and now he's gone the next.

Comment

Working...
                              X