SO's Grandfather in hospital

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SO's Grandfather in hospital

I don't really know what I'm trying to get by posting - just a rant I guess, I just feel so useless.

Matt's grandfather was taken into hospital this morning and from what I gather is having scans and tests as he wasn't answering questions correctly. His parents are at the hospital with him whilst Matt and his older brother are at home waiting for more information. He just keeps telling me he wants wait for hours at the hospital rather than at home but his brother won't take him till there's news (which I understand) and he has no other way to get there.

I just don't know what to do. We were planning for him to come visit me next week but I won't let him come if his grandfather is in a serious state, I'm not sure if his family would want me over at their house at such a hard time as I've only met the twice. I have 2 shifts at work this week but I'd try and change them in a heartbeat if he wants me to go over.

I don't really know what to do. I'm trying to offer support via text but there's only so much I can do from so far away. I'm just praying it's not anything too serious.

Update; I've just found out that his grandfather is stable and resting but I don't really know how serious the situation is. He had bleeding on his brain which I believe is a brain hemorrhage and a type of stroke. As far as I know there's a range of how serious it could be

Comment

My SO's grandfather was very sick last fall, and i hated that there was nothing i could do. Let Matt know that you are there for him, that if he wants to talk you will listen to him.
      I''m visiting my SO right now, and my grandpa is in the hospital back in italy, and he is refusing to eat, and all my boyfriend can do is be there for me, but i know he's doing his best, and i love him for this.
      I hope all will be fine

Distance doesn't matter when two hearts are loyal to each other.

Comment

Thanks for your reply
        His grandad seems to be doing better although they don't know what happened as they're unable to do any scans due to metal plates in his skull.
        I think they're hoping for him to be home tomorrow and I think I'm doing everything I can for Matt and have made him aware he can call me any time of the night if he wants.
        Fingers crossed that his grandad will recover quickly . Thanks again

Comment

Working...
        X