Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My week with him is over and I'm having troubles.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My week with him is over and I'm having troubles.

Hi, just joined.

My name is Vail (Not really but that's what I like to be called) I'm twenty years old and my boyfriend is twenty one years old. I live in Alberta Canada where as he lives in California. We met a year ago online on a forum dedicated to a video game we both play online. We became friends fast and soon we were talking everyday. In February he asked me to be his girlfriend, I at first was very hesitant, having been in one other long distance relationship that caused a lot of stress and heartbreak, eventually however I decided to give it a try, we have been dating ever since.

Everything has been going great, we have never really fought and arguments are very rare, we speak everyday pretty much all day and he has always been someone I could trust and talk to.
    On August tenth he came to stay with me for a week and I had the best time of my life... We didn't even have to do much to have fun, just sit with each other and talk. The first night he was here he slept in the spare room but the second night we both fell asleep on the couch then when he woke up he asked "Would it be alright if I slept with you?" I thought it was the most adorable thing ever. (:

The problem is the week went by faster than I expected it to, before I knew it I was driving him back to the Airport, we ended up missing his flight so we did get to spend an extra 6 hours together (Which Im happy about, lol.)
    I ended up crying the entire way home, I tried my best not to cry in front of him but I of course failed.

As hard as that was it only got harder when I got home, I looked at the couch where he would sit, I looked at the cup he had left on my table but the worst part of all was going to sleep in my bed... My blanket and the pillows smell like him and I can hardly stand it, it's really killing me inside, I don't even know if I could wash my sheets and stuff, I don't want to lose it.

We both know how hard it is going to be, especially since neither of us is exactly rich, I also have a terrible fear of flying, a fear I am willing to conquer to see him but it's a factor none the less.
    I joined this site to hopefully get some advice and sympathetic ears. I am in love with this guy but the pain I am feeling right now is so strong I can barely pick myself up to do anything other than cry, I am crying while I write this and I just don't know what else to do.

Thank you for listening. (:

Welcome to the sucky part of being in a long distance relationship (and the forum as well!) I'm from Alberta as well. It's never easy watching the person you care so much about leave. Try to hang out with some friends to get your mind off being sad. The visits always go by fast, try to be happy about being able to spend time with him and don't dwell on him leaving ( or try not to at least)

Comment

Yah, like snow_girl said, welcome to the sucky part of being LD. It always feels like visits go by so quick and the time it takes to get to a visit goes by soooo slow. You're just gonna have to keep yourself busy. It'll be rough at first. My SO just left after being close distance for a year. I'm going back to where we both were together and there isn't going to be anything that doesn't remind me of him. It makes me so sad and these last two days I have felt so lonely. I literally feel like someone ripped half of me away. I woke up with the loneliest feeling. It's been a while since I've felt that way. In time you'll get used to it, and it'll only make you stronger honestly. I know it hurts now but it won't always. Stay strong!

Comment

I was the same way after my SO left for the first time. I cried for days after he left. It was one of the worst feelings in the world, but it does get better. I miss him like crazy and some days are better than others, but you'll learn to cope the best you can. The easiest thing to do is keep yourself busy. I know night time is the hardest for me because I feel so alone, but just look forward to the next time you get to see each other. The day we leave each other, we always start the countdown to the next visit.

Comment

The first few days are always the hardest, every little thing that reminded me of her would just make me cry my eyes out. I never thought I'd cry for someone with such strong emotions. It took me 2 weeks to stop crying and wallowing in my sorrow, then i found this site and made some great friends and heard some great advice! we're all in the same boat. It will get better trust me. For now, you should try and just spend some time with your friends or family, do something fun, productive, something to entertain you. If you want, you can also make a countdown until the next time you see him again. https://www.timeleft.info/ And welcome to LFAD ! I'm Tobby nice to meet you. LFAD has been a great support system for me whenever I've had a terrid day, Count on the people on this forum to help you out whenever you feel down.
          My favorite text message conversation:

Tobby:love ko! what are you doing?
          Nika:learning how to cook love ko.
          Tobby:cooking? please put some in a plastic bag and send some to me so i can taste it! <3
          Nika: weh? your silly! I'm learning how to cook so when we get married, I'll be cooking all your meals love ko. <3
          Tobby:your so sweet.<3 marry me now? hahaha
          Nika: We're still kids love ko, lets wait until we're more mature, but you know my answer will be yes, whenever you ask!
          Tobby:I love you so much! You're the one for me, I'll wait as long as i need to love ko. love you!
          Nika:I love you too! call me Nika Sy now.. hehe
          Tobby: Addict!
          Nika: Addicted! <3

Comment

Welcome to the forum

Humm... departures area in airport always made me sad for us to leave or letting go someone.. its just so hard.. *hugs* it wont be any easier until you close the distance tho...first time we said good bye at airport both of us crying.. second time i was like saying "i don't care if they arrest me because my visa is expired" LoL thats in front of Munich security gate. Ohh... feels like someone pull my heart out..very hurt. I could understand the sadness and pain...

all i could suggest is to made your self extremely busy.. create a distraction... trying to live as "normal" as possible... try not to be too needy.. because i think thats what happen after a visit well not for all.... wish you could get through this sadness (you will meet again! be positive!)

Comment

I do notice I'm being a bit more clingy to him, I don't think he notices but I am trying not to be too crazy about it. He just got a new dog so he is a bit busy and I am finding myself really pushing to talk to him as much as I can. T__T

Comment

Working...
              X