Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sending Snail-Mail Letters to Each Other - Frequency?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sending Snail-Mail Letters to Each Other - Frequency?

1) How often do you and your SO send letters in the post to each other?

2) Does one side do it more often than the other?

I noticed today that I've been sending my boy something in the mail twice or thrice a monh. They're usually letters which go on and on for pages. Even my postcards are usually full of cramped writing, and I often run out of space to write!

He, on the other hand, would send me a quick postcard once every two or three months.

This is on top of any long-ish e-mails (not the quick "just checking in" kind) we might send each other once a month.

I'm not really too bothered about this, since I know that much depends on a person's natural inclination to write letters and his/her schedule. However, I must confess that sometimes I find myself wishing he would send stuff via snail-mail more often. There's just something so much more satisfying about receiving a letter in the post than opening it in your inbox!

We normally just take turns, I'll send him one then he sends me one within a week or so. I think we both get 1 or 2 letters a month. We email a lot, but I do love getting the snail-mail

Have you approached him about writing more often? You could just say "I really appreciate getting your post-cards, you should send them more often", then he might be encouraged to send them more frequently

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
    <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
    The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
    <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
    <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
    Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
    Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

We hardly sent each other things in the post. We did when we first started long distance and again for Valentines day. I think girls are definitely more inclined to write more and send more letters.

Comment

We hardly sent each other things in the post. We did when we first started long distance and again for Valentines day. I think girls are definitely more inclined to write more and send more letters.

Comment

well earlier on in our relationship we would send one once a month to each other on "love letter day" from this website. but then we found we would end up getting too busy or something and we kind of started slacking on that.

i really only surprised him with 1 letter out of the blue, the rest of the times we would both kind of say hey lets write letters, and we would both sit down at the same time on Skype, put on a little music, and write together. i always found that really sweet and fun, especially looking at him and knowing he's taking the time to write me a letter when a lot of guys don't like doing that stuff.

we don't do it anymore since we're closing the distance soon, but i have a bag filled with letters, and so does he, great memories to have
          <3
          sigpic

Comment

I really wanted to start sending my SO letters regularly (about once a month) just as a way to add anther form of communication to our relationship. We have such infrequent communication and sometimes it really gets me bummed. I sent out my first letter to him almost 6 weeks ago (US to Nicaragua). It STILL hasn't arrived and I've pretty much doubt at this point it will. It sucks because I put a lot of effort into the letter and reaaaaly wanted him to get it. Lost/stolen mail is a huge problem in his country, I was just hoping it wouldn't affect my little old letter

Comment

I send a card to my SO every few weeks. Sometimes I'll send him other things too, but mostly cards. I don't really write him letters, but when I do, they're usually just notes.

I definitely send him more cards than he sends me. We've talked about it though and he's going to try to send me more cards.

Comment

With him being deployed I send him one nice "I miss you" or I love you card" a week :P Haven't gotten any snail mail back...just lots of sweet emails and calls
                " Love don't run....Love don't hide...Love don't turn away or back down from a fight.
                Baby I'm right here..and I and going anywhere"

Mitch and Stephanie July 14, 2011

Comment

I know last year I think I tried to write him about once a month but that only lasted a few months because he got busy and then lazy so he didn't write as often as I did lol. This year I was thinking about sending random gifts to him once in a while, if I actually could get any extra cash which is rare with me!

Madly in love with Michael

Comment

I sent them to him a few times a month. He hardly ever sent me anything, except a few letters and a post card. He's just not that type of guy and we saw each other every 3 weeks or so. He always told me he'd rather hold me than send me a letter. I still enjoyed it though. I just wrote him a letter about a week ago because I missed writing him letters now that we live together. He loved it. So, I think I am going to try to do it once a month or so.

Comment

I did the snail mail my self, every 2 weeks to him, with red envelope. He don't like the idea hahah he like mail or IM better!

I just like to write so.. i just wrote things that i didn't talk on phone like deeper feelings and heavy thoughts. On phone we just talk about daily stuff... and i never thought he will read it anyway hahah but he did and remember what it said!

I will keep doing it for sure!

Comment

Working...
                      X