hes moving here tomorrow..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hes moving here tomorrow..

im so excited and pumped about going to meet him at the airport tomorrow. but also scared. i HATE the idea of him flying, hes flying ottawa frankfurt then to manchester from there. 2 planes! twice the stress. is anyone else afraid of flying? or got any words of widsom to help me put things into perspective because i think im gonna be freaking out more as the night goes on when i should be enjoying the feeling of us finally being together!!

first off congrats on closing the distance! that will be me on saturday

i have never liked flying. i always get really nervous before hand, and i just never feel comfortable. but ever since i've been in this LDR it's helped me sort of get over that fear. i've flown so much this past well more than a year that it's sort of second nature now. do i still like it? no way ha but i'm more comfortable then i was before.

does he also not like flying? if it's just you that gets nervous, one thing is take some medicine to kind of calm you down a little. also try and do something you know relaxes you that day while you know he's flying.

another thing for me that helps is we text each other throughout the journey. so as soon as i land i'll say landed! and we'll keep texting so it kind of keeps my mind off of traveling. and i also can't complain because i take 2 flights to get to him as well, but one flight is only 50 minutes long, the other and hour and 20 minutes. we're so lucky we don't live that far away though plane rides!
    <3
    sigpic

Comment

I don't think there's any good way to calm your nerves. Even though I've been on tons of airplanes, I still get nervous every time I get on. And then throughout the entire flight I'm like "what's that sound? why'd we move? it's too bumpy!" Seriously, when we start descending I think "okay we're close enough to the ground now that if we crash I'll probably still survive"

Just try to take your day normally as you always would. You can also keep yourself updated on the airline website to know for sure whether he's landed yet or not.

Congratulations! Have fun as a CDR!

Comment

Haha, I know the feeling well. Although in my case, I love flying, but I always get anxious when my SO is flying. The biggest risk as far as his trip goes is that he might miss a connection, and that's not the end of the world
        Some facts about flying anyways: There's a 99.99% chance your boyfriend will come out unscathed, fatal crashes are extremely uncommon. Flying is actually safer than driving, statistically, and when you think about it, a plane going down is such a rarity that it is always widely reported when it happens. Pilots are highly trained, and every single error that is found with any plane is fixed before it leaves the ground.
        I've flown more times than I can count, and the worst thing that ever happened to me (haven't even missed a connection yet!) was that I once picked up a flu virus on the plane that had me sick for a week after. But do something to distract yourself if you're finding it hard to calm yourself! I like to put myself to bed watching a movie or something

Get him to text you as soon as he's able to. And at least if he's flying from Ottawa to Europe, I'm assuming his first flight will be overnight, so you can always take something to help you sleep.

Congrats on closing the distance!!

Love will not betray you, dismay or enslave you, it will set you free

Met: Cork, Ireland - December 31, 2009 • Started Dating: Cork, Ireland - May 22, 2010 • Became LD: July 15, 2010 • My Move From Canada to UK: October 26, 2011
        Closed the distance June 18, 2012!

Comment

Congratulations to you two!!1!
          Concerning the flight, i would not worry. The airport/airline does a routine check-up before the plane takes off.
          Chew gum if necessary, make friends with your neighbor(s), bring a book or a movie. Just keep yourself busy.
          I myself prefer to stare out the window. When there are no clouds, the sight is magnificent wherever your destination happens to be.

Good luck to you two and congratulations once again!

Comment

I have a very weird phobia of flying and it definitely relates to your phobia of flying. I personally can get on a plane and, as long as there's not terrible turbulence, I'm completely fine with it. However, if someone that I care about is flying, I get worried. For instance, my SO is coming home, and is leaving for the airport in Beijing in 1 hour, and I can guarantee that I will be a hot mess until I know he has safely landed in Pittsburgh.

The thing is, a phobia is defined as a fear that is usually irrational. So usually I just have to remind myself that plane crashes are rare and the airlines also recognize that if a crash were to happen that involved one of their planes that it would (especially in today's economy) probably cause that airline company to go under. The precautions that they take are so extensive to make sure that there is enough fuel in the plane that the motor and all other parts of the plane are in outstanding condition. I like to think of it in the same way that the oral surgeon, who took my wisdom teeth out, was explained to me. My dentist explained that the chances of anything bad happening when I got my wisdom teeth out were second to none, that this is what the oral surgeon did on a daily basis. And it's the same thing with airlines and airline companies. The people who check the planes, the people who fly the planes, the people who direct the planes and land the planes do it on a regular basis, and they are trained to do so. Looking at it that way, and it's actually safer to ride on a plane than it is to drive a car.

我爱我的男朋友我。现在我们一起。

Comment

Yay for being together! And flying freaks me out too btw! Personally if I were you I just wouldn't think about it, I know when my SO travels here I get to stressing wondering if something bad will happen to him but then I just push it to the back of my mind and do something fun so I'll stop stressing!

Madly in love with Michael

Comment

Congrats! Hope everything goes smoothly!

"If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you.”
                - A. A. Milne

Comment

Yay congrats on closing the distance I hope everything goes well.

I agree with everyone else about the flights. Find something to help you relax and take your mind off it, focus on good thoughts like being able to see him again soon.

Comment

Congratulations on closing the distance!

Comment

Hey, you're so lucky The distance closed

Comment

Working...
                      X