We watched the Notebook. <3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We watched the Notebook. <3

My SO and I were bored yesterday and he asked if there were any movies I wanted to watch. I said no, and he didn't have any he wanted to watch, so he told me to pick one so I could force him to watch a sappy chick flick. XD He actually had never seen the Notebook! I was shocked, and I made him watch it.

He was so cute during. XD He was actually getting all romantic during the sappy parts ("Wow, he actually built the whole house for her!") and then of course he asked me if I wanted to reenact certain scenes later. =P There was one argument they had in the movie that he said, hey, we've had that fight! And generally overall cuteness. When they died together, he said that never happened and I told him to hush and get with the program, it's a sappy movie and they have that kind of connection. =P We finish each other's sentences a lot, so he asked if our telepathy meant we would die together too. I told him sure, in a nursing home on a hospital bed together. XD He NEVER talks about the future (it kind of scares him, I think) but last night he said, "But no, I want to die in my home. Our home. Where we raised our kids, where we've had memories, and birthdays, and anniversaries." He struggles to say stuff like that, so it means a lot when he can get it out, even if it's a moment where I have to be like, "That sounds nice... other than the dying part. >.> <.< =D"

Post-reenactment *ahem* that night, we had one of the most heartfelt conversations we've ever had. He said that he felt like I didn't enjoy being with him sometimes, so of course I corrected him profusely and told him there was no one I'd rather be with. He said that he thought he could say the same, too, which is important because he had to choose between me and one of his best friends that is in love with him. It was just very important, because he said that he was glad we had each other and all that jazz, which normally he's not good with cute and expressing romantic feelings. He said something like, "God, I just love you sooo much and I am so frustrated that we keep repeating that again and again because there are just no words to express how we feel." It's the raw, unrehearsed things like that, that are so purely in his own words and a little rough around the edges, that make it all worthwhile.

Awww,,,,**tear** <--(really he made my eyes water. Lucky you!!) How sweet!! During one of my "rough weeks" I needed a good cry and decided to watch The Notebook, I told the SO and got a big "Oh-my-god! WHY?! You know you're just going to cry." lol I love it. and I asked him if he'd want to die with me. He quickly changed the subject....I still hope to make him watch it with me.

Glad it was so great. LOVE those deep conversations! They always make me feel so good!

Comment

I know. ^_^ He can be so sweet, out of no where, when he wants to be. One day he stayed up most of the night drawing a picture of me... has to be one of the sweetest things anyone's done for me. When I got last in category at a dance competition, I was kinda bummed and a little more upset than I was letting on, even though it was kinda funny, so I said I was a miserable loser. And then he said, "Maybe, but you're my miserable loser. *kissles*"

The irony of this is he's like a big bad martial artist person. >.> What is that, like, "RAWR! I can break four bricks with one hand, but I can also blow kisses over webcam! ;D"? XD

Comment

awww thats sweet

Comment

awwwwwwww the notebook does bring up emotions because its so bloomin sad!! i cried my eyes out, but im glad that it got you talking and made you happy, talking about the future is so cute

Comment

Originally posted by Veiled_Dreamer View Post
            I know. ^_^ He can be so sweet, out of no where, when he wants to be. One day he stayed up most of the night drawing a picture of me... has to be one of the sweetest things anyone's done for me. When I got last in category at a dance competition, I was kinda bummed and a little more upset than I was letting on, even though it was kinda funny, so I said I was a miserable loser. And then he said, "Maybe, but you're my miserable loser. *kissles*"

The irony of this is he's like a big bad martial artist person. >.> What is that, like, "RAWR! I can break four bricks with one hand, but I can also blow kisses over webcam! ;D"? XD
            XD That's just so sweet and cute! I remember my SO telling me something like that. I think I said something like, "I'm a horrible person" and he replied, "Horrible person or not, you'll always be my horrible person and I love you." XD

Glad you had that kind of conversation. That's always nice to hear your SO say those kind of things.
            "Once the realization is accepted that even between the closest human beings infinite distances continue,
            a wonderful living side by side can grow, if they succeed in loving the distance between them
            which makes it possible for each to see the other whole against the sky."
            - Rainer Maria Rilke

"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet,
            regardless of time, place, or circumstance.
            The thread may stretch or tangle, but it will never break."
            - an ancient Chinese belief

Comment

Awww, sweet! I've never actually seen the movie, but I hear its good!

Comment

Neat!

Comment

Working...
                X