Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm spending Christmas with my boyfriend!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm spending Christmas with my boyfriend!!!

I've just bought my tickets and I'm going to be spending Christmas (and NYE, but we did that last year already) with my boyfriend this year.
    I'm soooo excited. This will only be the 2nd Christmas in my life that I spend away from my family.
    Last year I went to my family for Christmas and then to my boyfriend's, but this year I don't want to travel through half Germany and then to Poland.
    I have to hand in my Bachelor's thesis on Jan, 4th and while I hope and will do everything to finish before the holidays, I don't really need any added stress the week before that - so travelling like I did last year wasn't an option.
    I texted my mum about it. I would have asked but she's out of the country right now, so we'll talk when she gets back. We never really do anything special for Christmas, except just be together, because that doesn't happen a lot, but I still feel like I'm being a bad daughter We'll talk on Saturday and I hope we can arrange a meeting in January, maybe get away somewhere together for a weekend.

I'm also slighty worried that my boyfriend's family will think that my family doesn't like me or that something's wrong with them, because I don't spend the holidays with them. He told me it will be fine and they'll understand (plus I've already spent easter with them and it wasn't weird at all).

Anyway, maybe my blog would have been a better place for this, but I'm excited and I had to share it.
    And if someone has already spent Christmas with their SO... what was it like? How did your family react? Theirs?
    Last edited by Dziubka; August 24, 2011, 06:33 PM.

Być tam, zawsze tam, gdzie Ty.

Ah that's so exciting!! I haven't done Christmas with my SO yet, and I'm a bit anxious about that haha. I'm going to be alone in Scotland for Christmas, and I'm kind of hoping he'd be wanting us to do something together for it!
    As for his family, I'm sure they'll understand. It's only natural to want to be with the person you love on Christmas

Love will not betray you, dismay or enslave you, it will set you free

Met: Cork, Ireland - December 31, 2009 • Started Dating: Cork, Ireland - May 22, 2010 • Became LD: July 15, 2010 • My Move From Canada to UK: October 26, 2011
    Closed the distance June 18, 2012!

Comment

Wow It's nice and i'm sure you will have a beautiful Christmas there Enjoy it
      "Love wins everything especially fear."

Comment

Haven't tried spending Christmas with my SO, yet. Since he had work last year (also New Years Eve).
        But, this year his work shift ends around December 15th. So according to plan we will spend both Christmas and New years together. It'll be his first Christmas, though, so not sure what to expect.
        Guess I'm excited like you. ^^
        I don't think you should worry about what his family is thinking about your family. They will probably (and should) see it as a sign that you really care about their son - so much you want to spend that certain holiday with him ^^
        I hope you have a great Christmas together.

Comment

It feels so weird to think about Christmas right now, too. It was 30°C the last few days
          I'm looking forward to my first Polish Christmas, though. It's going to be so different from Christmas in my family.
          I asked my friend about it and she also told me not to worry about it " For people in serious relationships like you, it's normal to spend Christmas with their partners' family." I guess, I just wished I lived closer to my family so I wouldn't have to decide who to see on Christmas

Milaya, are you spending Christmas in Denmark or in Japan?

Comment

It feels so weird to think about Christmas right now, too. It was 30°C the last few days
            I'm looking forward to my first Polish Christmas, though. It's going to be so different from Christmas in my family.
            I asked my friend about it and she also told me not to worry about it " For people in serious relationships like you, it's normal to spend Christmas with their partners' family." I guess, I just wished I lived closer to my family so I wouldn't have to decide who to see on Christmas

Milaya, are you spending Christmas in Denmark or in Japan?

Comment

Thats awesome! I wouldn't worry what his parents think. i won't be going home for Christmas either, will be my first christmas away. When your in a LDR I think it is just easier to do one family at christmas. Next year he can come spend it with your family.

Comment

ME TOO!!! Ahh... So exciting. I have no idea what it'll be like, but I know all Matt's family and it's a themed bash, anyway! I'm in the process of making my flapper dress Have fun! I look forward to hearing about your time!

Comment

My SO was supposed to spend Christmas with me this year, but his boss won't give him the time. It's super exciting that you get to spend time with your SO. I wouldn't worry about his family too much. I'm sure they'll love you as much as your SO does. Have fun!
                  "I'll hold you in my heart till I can hold you in my arms again."

"It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard...is what makes it great! -A League of Their Own

Met: August 22, 2010
                  Made it official: September 17, 2010
                  Got engaged: January 15, 2012
                  Our First Visit: November 18, 2010-November 28, 2010
                  Our Seventh (and Last) Visit: November 10, 2012-November 24, 2012
                  Got married: November 21, 2012
                  Big Wedding Date: May 25, 2013
                  Closed the Distance: June 2, 2013

Comment

I'm not so worried about my boyfriend's parents. They love me and I love them and they've even met my mum and know that I have a wonderful family who loves me. They'll understand especially with the thesis being due so shortly after. It's his grandparents and other family that I'm more worried about. It's crazy and it totally shouldn't matter, but I can't help feeling they might think that it's inappropriate.

I neeed to start getting presents or at least collect ideas and look for a dress *panic*

Comment

First Christmas together is magical ♥

I hope you'll have a blast and enjoy every moment! And get lots of presents

Comment

So happy for you! And so envious!

My SO and I did spend a Christmas together when we were CD. Both of our families were hours away and we just decided not to travel home that year. It was a lovely, lovely Christmas as I'm sure this Christmas will be for you.

And don't worry, I'm sure they won't think nothing of you being with him on Christmas. The two of you are in a serious relationship and it's what people in serious relationships do. Although, I understand the feeling of being away from your family on Christmas. :P

Comment

Oh don't worry what the family thinks! You're going to be absolutely delightful and they'll just be glad their son/grandson/nephew/whatever is with such a great girl.

This will be my SO and I's first Christmas together. I plan on sending out Xmas cards to my family in the States. Hehe

Comment

Me and my SO havent spent any holidays together yet, but i bet its amazing! Have a great time and enjoy every minute with him <3

Comment

Working...
                            X