Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Site Tips!! (redo)

Hi everyone,
    I deleted the original thread by accident.

Michelle
    LFAD Owner
    Site Tips!
    Hey I just want to make post for people to post tips about things they have figured out about this site and it's features. Like I said, Frank and I are still learning!

Anyways, a tip I'd like to add is that if you look under the blue navbar and click on Community > My Albums, you'll see the most recently updated photo albums created by members.

Also, by going to what's new, you'll see all the recent posts no matter what category they are in. It is like using the "Recent entries" option on the old member area.

Another thing I like is clicking on Blogs in the navbar and seeing the recent blog posts people have written. I think this really adds to the community atmosphere here.

Also you can subscribe to posts you want to stay updated on. At the top of the post you want to subscribe to, click on "Thread Tools" and then "subscribe to this thread." You also have the option to subscribe to the threads you start. Below the message field and post icons, there are additional options. Make sure you check mark "Subscribe to this thread and notify me of changes" and then choose how you would like to be notified.

Gurl

One thing I noticed when uploading photos to my album was that the upload seemed to hang if I had more than 97.something total upload size. Not sure if it has to do with me using firefox or not but it was right at the amount for file size for jpgs listed when you click the ? near the top of the pop up for uploading. Just an FYI.

That's 97.something MB btw... Mine are almost all much bigger than that unless it was taken with a webcam/phonecam
    Last edited by Gurl; Today at 06:20 PM. Reason: Forgot to put what measurement I was using *DOH*

Michelle
    LFAD Owner
    Oh, yeah, pictures. I'm working on finding a plugin that will auto resize images. I have noticed that some of the pictures uploaded so far go beyond the content area, they are so huge. So for now, try to make image sizes small enough to fit on the screen. Keep them around 600 pixels wide so they fit.

Andy
    Hmmm, the pics I uploaded for my profile were bigger than the specified sizes, but they were accepted so I assumed they were auto resized... :S

Or does my pic look massive to everyone else? :P

admin
    Administrator
    Andy, your profile pic IS resized. Don't worry, it is just right. :P It is the photo album pics that aren't

Andy

Ah I see, thought so

I'll be sure to read more carefully in future
    Last edited by Frank; January 26, 2010, 05:54 PM.

I'm sorry guys. Who would have thought "delete" would delete everything!? Forum tip for me...Don't delete things

Comment

is there an easier way to get to the new area?

Comment

What do you mean?

I would just save it as a favorite in your browser.
        Read my LDR story!
        Facebook
        Instagram

Comment

To easily mark the forum as read, double click the little logo beside the forum name (the one with a speech bubble on it).
          Just be glad we made it here alive
          On a spinning ball in the middle of space

Comment

Hey guys, so one thing I didn't like was that in the profile there are no spaces between the questions. Which is okay for the single line answers, but kind of sloppy for the longer answers. What I did was hit enter a few times and then just put an underscore like so:

_

This put some space between the about me section and the rest of the shorter answers. See my profile as an example
            Read my LDR story!
            Facebook
            Instagram

Comment

I noticed that yesterday while I was writing my about me section too Michelle!

I had to do something similar, hehe. Little things like that bug me

Edit:

Another tip, if your SO is also a member, if you go Forum Actions > Edit Profile and scroll down to the bottom of the page, there's now a box which reads:

Is your partner also a member?
              And you can enter their username there. Nice touch
              Last edited by Andy; January 29, 2010, 03:54 AM.
              In a relationship with

Read mine & Tanja's story here!

My Albums:
              Summer 2009 / Xmas 2009
              Summer 2010: Part 1 & Part 2
              My dog Sam ♥

Comment

Yup! I added that yesterday You can't put a link there, so the signature thing is still a good idea.

A tip if you have a blog...

You can create custom pages on your blog. These are different from blog posts.

Go to Blogs >Blog Settings > Edit Custom Pages

Just found that today.
                Read my LDR story!
                Facebook
                Instagram

Comment

Working...
                X