advice for a wower and his lady

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

advice for a wower and his lady

Hey everyone, haven't posted in a little while. I probably should more, but anyway.. I need a little bit of advice and I need it by this evening..

My lady and I have been together now for 7 months.. Anyway, lately it almost seems like we are kind of running out of things to talk about. Shes also not really a sentimental person, which makes it a little more difficult...

Anyway, shes been working a lot lately, and tonight we are going to do one of our "all nighters" which is basically where we stay up all night and play world of warcraft, and watch a little anime together.. usually during the day, we both go out and do our snack shopping, than come home and nap for a little bit to do it.

We haven't been able to do it at all recently because like I said she has been working a ton. So of course I am really excited for this. But as I said before, the chit chat has been a little more rough lately, and I almost feel like im the one coming up with things to talk about more than her most often (though, to be honest, she probably feels the same way..)

I guess what I am asking is how, or what, can I do to make tonight a little more special. What can I do to keep the conversation going a little more fluid?

any tips, suggestions, or outright slaps to my face are much apprecaited.

Thanks everyone!

When I find conversation is lacking I usually write down things that happen throughout the day and keep the list handy during the conversation. Write down anything and everything you think of during the day. Some weird guy you saw, how you like to play cards, a car cut you off while driving, anything. Good luck.

Comment

Hmm, is she as experienced in the game as you are? When my boyfriend and I play WoW it's always fun since I'm still pretty new to the game and he'll take me to the different areas I don't know yet or let me ask questions. Or he'll let me choose the quests which is a good way to get me more involved and may work on your girlfriend if you feel like you're leading-is there any area of the game she knows better than you? Or you say you watch anime together, what about also letting her choose which series or picking something thought provoking or even just beautiful and inspiring (Spirited Away comes to mind) that could open up the floor to discussion and conversation. Personally speaking my boyfriend and I like to watch Star Trek, though my series of choice is Voyager and his is TNG, so we switch back and forth and throughout the episodes it's fun to pick on how 'terrible' each others series is, so we wind up doing more talking than watching which is easy to do when it's based around jokes and the occasional more thoughtful question.

And in all honesty, if you feel she's being overly quiet or disinterested, sometimes your best bet is to just ask her about it. If trying to engage her in conversation only leads to her pulling away then you may have no choice but to just come right out and tell her she's leaving you sort of out in the cold and as her boyfriend you deserve to know why.

Comment

i would come up with questions. Like tons of fun and serious or cute question, which I find fun because i love hearing his answers. Make them as challanging or serious or silly as i can. I think we al these periods where we don't talk much, but you move past them. Since she's so busy with work maybe ask about that and talk, My SO is the one who's busy and so sometimes things happen at work and i like him sharing and telling me about his day, since i can't be there to share it with him he can share it with me. I like being on webcam, because sometimes we just do our own thing but its nice to just look up and see him, or just say i love you. Makes you feel closer even when your not saying much.
        I love you Nathan <3
        sigpic
        5/25/09 <3

Comment

Usually when we run low on stuff to talk about I just start talking about every little thing that happened, or bring up something he mentioned earlier to try to elaborate. I also ask about his family and friends and pretty much drag the conversation out of him when I have to. You could try to talk to her about how you feel the conversation has been tough, better to work out why. I think it's pretty normal in an LDR though, at least from what I've read around here.

Comment

Working...
          X