No announcement yet.

Discussion Time: Dating again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I broke up with my last serious ex, it didn't take me long to find and start dating my SO and my ex and I were together for three years. If my SO and I were to break up, I don't think I'd want to date someone for a long time. Not because of the fact that I would be so hurt, but just because I would need time to heal and truly get in the mindset to do this all over with someone else.

Comment

I hate to sound dramatic, but I might not ever date again. After my divorce about 9 years ago, it took me 6 years to date again, because I wasn't looking for anyone. I did date two men, back-to-back, but I wasn't really seeking a partner and neither relationship ended well. I was resigned to grow old and have many cats.

But then I fell in love with my best friend, and he with me. There went my house-of-many-cats plan!

I want to spend the rest of my life with this odd, silly, genius of a man. And if not with him, I can't really see being with anyone else.

Comment

Dating again would be the last thing on my mind. I'd be too hurt, upset and sad. I'd rather try get my SO back. I wouldn't want anyone else. I'm with her for a reason.

Comment

I honestly can not imagine actually breaking up with Obi. In the same way I can't imagine the sun not coming up tomorrow. But if we did?

I think I'd go out and sleep around a whole bunch actually - pretty much immediately, why wait? I'd all out skip matters of the heart until someone fell into my lap and just have all the fun I never got to as a teenager because I was too busy having morals :P
          Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

I don't see us ending, honestly. But if something happened where we had to split up or if he was killed in some kind of terrible accident, I would not be in any hurry to date again. I don't know if I would ever want to again or not, but if I did, it wouldn't be for quite awhile afterwards.
            My heart belongs to a pilot!
            ~*~
            ~*~
            [/center]

Comment

If I were 10 years younger and childless, I'd go with Zephii's plan

Unfortunately I am neither of those things. It would take me a very long time to move past my relationship with my SO. We're been friends for so long and I've loved him since I was 18. I don't think I would be able to put a specific time frame on it.

Although, my ex and I were together for almost 8 years. It was about a year after we broke up that I started seeing some one casually. And that felt about right. It was time, especially since he'd made me so miserable.

Comment

Well, considering the amount of time it would take for me to stick the pieces of my broken heart back together, ... it would be a very long time. I probably wont have a clue about how to start dating again either. Like some others said, I'm not a casual dater. My SO is my first love and first boyfriend and we fell in love with each other because we had to live two weeks in the same house.

Comment

The guy I'm with now is my first everything except kiss. It'd take me a good long time. I really have no clue.
                  ". . . We obviously have to come to accept it, but that doesn't stop it from gnawing at us day by day.
                  The best we can do is enjoy our time together, anticipate our reunions, and remain passionate and loyal through distance." ~Mike <3

~*~11.21.2010~*~

Comment

Considering I see myself spending the rest of my life with this kid, lol, I'd pretty much be devastated and heartbroken were we to break up for any reason. As with many of the others, I've never been a casual dater; I've "dated" a couple of guys, but nothing serious before now, because I'm not the type of girl who likes to have a boyfriend just for the sake of having one, so it ends up I don't really have one at all lol. This boy is my first real relationship, and my first love. I couldn't give you an exact time frame, I can see that it would take me a looooong time to get over him. I'd rather just spend the rest of my life with him though :P
                    You never forget your first love...

Comment

Working...
                    X