Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Going back to being long distance... AGAIN. Advice on how to deal greatly appreciated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going back to being long distance... AGAIN. Advice on how to deal greatly appreciated

My boyfriend and I live 600 miles apart. We are both from Monterey, CA but I go to school in Eugene, OR. We have been together for 9months (tomorrow) we have seen each other about everyother month since getting together. But I came home for the summer (my best friend was pregnant and had a baby so I was home for moral support) and this gave us from mid june until what will be mid september to be a "normal" couple. I leave again on the 19th. I am dreading going back and how hard it will be to go back to only being on the phone/skype and not being able to stop by each others houses and really just be together. Unfortunately I got used to that. I try talking to him about how we are going to go about dealing with the separation again but he shuts down every time.

If anyone has ANY ADVICE on how to make this transition to the way things used to be better, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    Got together Jan 3, 2011~ Closed the Distance March 23, 2012~ Living Together Since June 19 2012~ Future TBD......

I miss you more than I ever could have believed; and I was prepared to miss you a good deal." ~ Vita Sackville-west

My only advice would be to give yourselves time to find a good rhythm that works with both your schedules to spend time together, the start of the separation will always be the hardest, but it will eventually pass.

Other than that I wanted to say hey! I'm going to start at UO this fall as an international student! (:

Comment

It will just be hard to get back into that rythem with out wanting to feel like giving up. We will do it, it is just terrifying!! And HEY! I love UO! Eugene is pretty great. I must say I love calilifornia better but that is home for me. But UO us an amazing school and has such great teachers and a beautiful campus! Graduation in march will be hard. What brings you to the UofO
      Got together Jan 3, 2011~ Closed the Distance March 23, 2012~ Living Together Since June 19 2012~ Future TBD......

I miss you more than I ever could have believed; and I was prepared to miss you a good deal." ~ Vita Sackville-west

Comment

transitioning back to normal is going to be tough at first. I only met my bf for the 1st time this summer for only a week and it was difficult for me for the first week being back home. try to enjoy your time with him right now, take lots of pictures, love each other. you'll be together again. I have no idea when I'll see my bf again.

Comment

Looking forward to the next time you will meet helps a little bit. Do you know how often you're going to visit each other?

My boyfriend was transferring there and I found out that they offered a program for what I had planned on doing. It all ended up working out.

Comment

I just know its hard. Me and my SO were together less than 2 months, but bieng apart from him now is so hard, when we spent nearly everyday together. I think the best thing you can do is look forward to knowing you will see him again. Im a bit scared, we will be together for about 9 months if things go as planned. So i don't know how i will take being apart again after that. But i guess just knowing its not forever, and having all those memories strengthens that knowing, that its worth the wait. Just stay strong!
            I love you Nathan <3
            sigpic
            5/25/09 <3

Comment

Working...
            X