This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

am i really long distance?!

I only joined this site yesterday, but after reading through posts & profiles etc, I've started to realise that the distance between me & my boyfriend isn't actually that much, or at least not as much as some of the people on here! We're 100 miles apart, & see each other 2 out of 3 weekends. Yet some people on here are thousands of miles apart, & only see each other every few months! I can't help but feel whether I need to man up, cause my situation isn't too bad? I still feel really down about not seeing him much anymore, & I still feel like we'll have to over come the same obsticles as all other LDR couples...but are we really long distance? Maybe long distance is longer than I thought it was? If anyone knows where I'm coming from...

Every few months? *Sigh* sometimes it's twice a year. or once a year, for a lot of couples.
    Last edited by WithAllMyHeart; September 3, 2011, 07:28 PM. Reason: typo

Love you forever and forever
    Love you with all my heart
    Love you whenever we're together
    Love you when we're apart.

Comment

Yes, you are definitely long distance. If you don't live in the same general area and see eachother at least a few times a week, you are long distance! Just because others have longer distances and time gaps between visits to deal with doesn't diminish that fact. LDRs are hard, no matter the distance between the couple involved.

There's lots of good advice and things you'll be able to relate to on here. Stick around!

Comment

Originally posted by WithAllMyHeart View Post
        sometimes it's twice a year. or once a year, for a lot of couples.
        serious admiration for those people.

Comment

Welcome to LFAD

Distance is still distance... whether it's 100 miles or 1,000... or more! With 100 miles between you I'm sure you do still have a lot of the same issues that longer-distance couples have (though, maybe just not on as big a scale as some!)
          Please jump in and share, and don't feel like you don't belong just because your distance is smaller than some of ours! If anything, maybe it will encourage you when you read/hear about some of us who have oceans and immigration messes between our relationships (like me...ugh!) and maybe you'll see your own distance in a new & better way because of it
          We collided and fell out of nothingness... scattering stars like dust

Comment

Remember the home page is "LDRs of all shapes and SIZES". Some people are further away than others, but it's still an LDR. This is not a "my situation is harder than yours" competition. We're here to help each other and build successful relationships with our SOs. No matter the distance.

Comment

My SO and I are about 150 to 200 miles apart and I definitely feel that it's long distance and yours is as well. While you and I may see our SOs more than others on here it does not mean that you are not LD or that you are not hurting when he's gone. Distance is distance like others above me have said and we all struggle with it.

Madly in love with Michael

Comment

Some people have larger gaps of distance than others. It all is the same in the end though, we're all LD and you are as well. :P I guess you're just one of the lucky ones

Comment

You're just more blessed in your long distance relationship because you get to see them more often. The distance for my relationship changes depending on where I am because I live in MA but go to school in NY but the time is always the same--8 hours unless we are in the same place. I have no idea when I'll be able to see him, but he's planning on Thanksgiving. And then after that he may or may not be surprising me with visits. He wants to keep everything spontaneous and fun when it comes to visits either when I'm at school or at home. And with his new job if he takes the offer it's very likely that he'll just have random fridays and mondays off so he can spend the weekend. We text and talk online every day. It's only been 4 days, but I still miss his voice terribly. I want a phone call but my stupid talk part of phone plan sucks.

You're just as LD as any of us. Don't worry.
                  ". . . We obviously have to come to accept it, but that doesn't stop it from gnawing at us day by day.
                  The best we can do is enjoy our time together, anticipate our reunions, and remain passionate and loyal through distance." ~Mike <3

~*~11.21.2010~*~

Comment

I agree with everyone else. As long as you have some distance apart from each other, its long distance. Not as bad as other couples have it, but nonetheless, still long distance!
                    My favorite text message conversation:

Tobby:love ko! what are you doing?
                    Nika:learning how to cook love ko.
                    Tobby:cooking? please put some in a plastic bag and send some to me so i can taste it! <3
                    Nika: weh? your silly! I'm learning how to cook so when we get married, I'll be cooking all your meals love ko. <3
                    Tobby:your so sweet.<3 marry me now? hahaha
                    Nika: We're still kids love ko, lets wait until we're more mature, but you know my answer will be yes, whenever you ask!
                    Tobby:I love you so much! You're the one for me, I'll wait as long as i need to love ko. love you!
                    Nika:I love you too! call me Nika Sy now.. hehe
                    Tobby: Addict!
                    Nika: Addicted! <3

Comment

If you have the space/distance between you and your love one, not in the same town.. well its LDR.. it took effort to see her.. and took times also.. so yeah i think you're in LDR.. shorter distance compare to other people here... but hahah same problem.. lack of meetings because of the distance...

Comment

Of course you are long distance too. Like others have said, this is not a competition of who has the most difficult situation. No matter how far, distance is still annoying sometimes. You are just lucky that you get to see your SO more than some others, but that doesn't mean it's easier. Everyone here supports each other, no matter how far or close the distance is.

Comment

I basically consider long distance to be - if you can't say "Hey, what are you doing tonight? Wanna go to the movies?" you are probably in a LDR.

Comment

It doesn´t matter how far away you are, if you can´t get to them whenever you want to, it´s an LDR.
                            There are so many people here in all kinds of different situations, and let me tell you from experience, no one judges and everyone is wonderful
                            Welcome to the forums hun

"In order to attain the impossible, one must attempt the absurd."
                            -Miguel De Cervantes

Read our story HERE
                            \

Comment

Originally posted by MadMolly View Post
                              I basically consider long distance to be - if you can't say "Hey, what are you doing tonight? Wanna go to the movies?" you are probably in a LDR.
                              i love this definition! and totally agree

Welcome to LFAD btw
                              Don't be dismayed at goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again.
                              And meeting again, after moments or lifetime, is certain for those who are friends.
                              ~Richard Bach

“Always,” said Snape.

Comment

Working...
                              X