Texas Fires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Texas Fires

my bf lives in Bastrop, TX- where all of the wildfires are. 40,000 acres have burned and over 400 homes have been lost. his apartment complex was decimated- he lost everything. he barely escaped alive. I'm so thankful that he's alive and very sad that he now has to start over. he's living in an emergency shelter right now. he's got to figure out how to start his life again. for obvious reasons, his trip to come see me is canceled (which I totally understand and think it's the best decision right now). I've been crying on and off since sunday. he, however, has been amazing. he's staying super positive. I have spoken to him by phone every day and I keep adding minutes to his phone so he always has a way for his family to reach him. I just feel so powerless up here, you know?

*hugs*

Not really anything else I can add, it's just so terrible. Thank god he's ok though.

Comment

I don't really know what to say, if not that i'm so sorry. it's amazing that he is staying positive, and i think it's really nice of you to keep adding minutes to his phone.
      I hope insurance can cover at least part of his losses, that he can get back on track and that you can see each other soon.
      Stay strong, you are not powerless, your support is surely helping him get through.
      *hugs*

Distance doesn't matter when two hearts are loyal to each other.

Comment

yeah, it's not just Bastrop ^^; it's like all of east Texas. So my parents are threatened, too =/ I feel your pain.

Comment

Working...
        X