She lost the baby...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

She lost the baby...

Not too long ago, I had made a post about my to-be-sister-in-law's baby shower. Well, yesterday she went to the hospital and they found that the umbilical cord was wrapped around the neck. She delivered the baby about 7:30 this morning. I can't stop crying. It's killing me that I can't be there with them, especially my boyfriend. I feel useless being this far away. I don't know how to support him. I've been texting him, asking how hes doing, but he worries more about everyone else than himself. Also, I feel so alone in it all. She was 29 weeks, so this is a significant loss. How do I cope? And how do I help him cope?

RIP Sophia Loretta <3

He will be ok. I am sure he is worried about his sister who is now going insane most likely. Out of everyone she is in the most pain and I do not know how she will recover. I am sure HE feels powerless to help her just like everyone else.
    All you can do is encourage him to encourage his sister and be there for her. My mother lost two babies before I was born. One was 6 months and another 7 months far. She had to deliver. She told me she became obsessed with having a baby and was terrified that she never could as she lost two...But I was born and then was my brother. We do not even know where those babies were buried as at that time hospitals did not release that information and did not give out bodies like that...
    His sister needs help, may be even psychologists. And it must be very hard on everyone emotionally to just see her go through this. All you can do is feel for his sister and encourage him to be there for her.
    Good luck! I hope you all feel better soon. Sometimes things like that ironically bring people closer.

Comment

Really sorry to hear about the loss. I think its going to be a lot harder on his sister and her husband then your SO. Of course it is hard on them all I am sure but they are the ones that need the most support at the moment. Sounds like your SOs bring strong is going to go a long way in helping the parents to be cope. Let your SO know that you are there for him if he needs to talk.

Comment

So sorry to see this
        The only thng you can do is to listen to him when he wants to talk and give him space when he doesn't. There really isn't much you can do, grief needs to be worked through, do the best you can to help them through the process.
        Again so sorry for the loss.
        As long as there is air in my lungs... there is a chance

Comment

Thanks everyone. Its been really hard on the whole family. I have reached out to the parents letting them know that I love them and am praying for them. Its extremely difficult so thank you for the support.

Comment

Working...
          X