Am I thinking too much into things?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am I thinking too much into things?

So my girlfriend seems very distant lately and very short with her answers. I asked her if she was upset about something but she apologized and said that she is very busy and distracted by school. (Her school takes up all her time) I'm supposed to drive up to see her which is 14 hours away for maybe like 2 days but we haven't seen each other for almost three months so even if I could see her for an hour I would still go. I just felt a little disappointed when I said I was excited to see her and she was just like "yep, it's almost here". Am I reading too far into things? She is busy after all. I'm just scared of losing her. Any words of advice would be great. Thank you!

I don't have any advice, but I can relate, my bf is not expresive so he says that he is exited but the way he says it, it doesn't sound like he actually is exited about it... I try to not think too much because I know he is not expresive, but it make me feel bad :s
    So maybe don't think too much about this and go and visit your gf and talk to her about this in person

Comment

Yeah, that was my plan. I'm sure once we see each other everything will be a lot better. After the visit we only have until December and then we will be together permanently. I'm glad you can relate. Thanks for sharing. Glad to know I am not the only one.

Comment

Ooooh, I just typed you out a whole response and LFAD decided to log me out and not post it...okay, anyway!

I agree with spideybass, talking in person is definitely the best option When I first started dating my boyfriend I was frequently upset because I didn't feel like he missed me as much as I missed him. When I finally worked up the courage to talk with him he explained to me that he just expresses himself differently than I do. I've always been more emotional and that was all it was. Good luck if you decide to talk with your lady and have fun seeing her after three long months!

"I've got your voice on tape,
        I've got your words in me,
        I don't want anything else.
        I don't want anyone else."

"you are marvelous
        the gods wait to delight in you."

Comment

Thank you, Winterbelle and yes I can't wait to see her!!

Comment

Honestly, it really does sound like she is busy. I agree with the other posters that you need to talk to her and let her know how you are feeling about the situation.
            "We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love " ~ Theodore Seuss Geisel.

Comment

I've been feeling a bit the same way with my SO lately... He works full time and is also studying very hard for a massive qualifying exam he has in four weeks from today, so whenever I talk to him, he's distracted and less chatty than usual. He and I had a talk about it a few days ago, because it got to the point where I was panicking thinking he was losing interest.
              But yeah, I'd imagine she legitimately is just very busy, and is having a hard time focusing on talking to you the way you want! I know that's what it's been with my SO, he's been multitasking while we've been talking, so he's tried to make some adjustments to focus on our relationship at specific times!!

Love will not betray you, dismay or enslave you, it will set you free

Met: Cork, Ireland - December 31, 2009 • Started Dating: Cork, Ireland - May 22, 2010 • Became LD: July 15, 2010 • My Move From Canada to UK: October 26, 2011
              Closed the distance June 18, 2012!

Comment

I have a similar situation in which my girlfriend has just started an internship and because of this has become less
                communicative with me. It's a pretty nasty feeling - that wondering whether or not their interest has lessened - but I think the hardest part of it is the change of routine. I've noticed that I become acclimated to certain patterns of communication between us, and when they change I start to panic. Trust, as the others have said, just wait until you see her in person - all your worries will immediately dissipate!

Comment

I think other posters have been really wise.

I just wanted to add, though, that I noticed I do a similar thing close to visits. I hate waiting to see him sooo sooo much it becomes really, really distracting to the other life things, like school, that have to get done, and my response, generally, is to try and not talk / think too much about the visit... because it will come when it does, and I need to focus on life until then.

So, it's not that I'm losing interest - it's the opposite, really - but that I need to protect myself a little bit in order to, ya know, be a functioning human being the week before he arrives ; )

Comment

So I should basically just relax and look forward to seeing her and know that she is just really busy? I have been very understanding about certain things like her not being able to call me back until a few days later, in which she then apologizes and says that it isn't right that I do that. Others have said I am being too understanding which I never got. How can you be too understanding? She's busy, I am giving her the space she needs to get things done. I even told her in the beginning when she went off to start school that she doesn't have to worry about "us". Just get your school done and I will be here when you are done.

Comment

Working...
                    X