no communication for 7 weeks.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no communication for 7 weeks.....

My boyfriend and I both attend different colleges that are about 4 hours apart from one another. Recently something that he is involved with at school has limited our communication. For the next 7 weeks we will not be able to talk at all except for letters. I am used to texting him and talking with him from the time I wake up till the time I got to sleep. I am not concerned that this will cause us to break up because I know our love is stronger than that, I just don't know what to do to keep my mind off of him. Our one year anniversary is coming up on September 12th and his birthday is the 16th. I think these will be the hardest days for me and we normally try to see each other every two weeks so I know 7 weeks will be extremely hard for me. I just was looking for support or advice from people who have gone through similar things.

While I haven't been disconnected from my boyfriend for that long, I was recently unable to speak with him for 2 weeks, of which right in the middle our 2 year anniversary passed. It was difficult and I by the end of it I was getting really depressed. BUT, look on the bright side that you two are still able to exchange letters and although that's more limited than the communication you're used to, try to focus on the positivity of it as you will have something tangible from him to cherish and keep. Will you be able to send things other than letters, such as gifts? Or maybe even pictures you can slip in with them? I think photos would help a lot.

My advice, aside from keeping busy with school or hobbies, is to talk with your friends/close relative about it. I know I tell my boyfriend pretty much everything and without him I didn't have my usual outlet that I need to let out my feelings to and that just made it ten times worse. Thinking back on it now, if I'd had the smarts to call up my best friend and relay to her some of my thoughts I think I would have been a lot better off. In any case, I'm glad you're not doubting the strength of your relationship, that's awesome

Comment

i'm a student, too...although i'm in class for a few hours a day, it still leaves me a lot of opportunities time to daydream or let my mind wander, even though i'm technically "busy"...i've been trying to do some sort of physical every day with the music cranked up in my earphones to drown out my sometimes overactive thoughts...having less physical energy usually means i'm less likely to have the energy to feel anxiety about anything...

hope that helps!

Comment

I'm confused... what could possibly be taking up so much of his time that he can't manage even a quick phone call for seven weeks? Does he not have a phone?

It just seems reallyyyy strange to me, maybe you can clarify.

Comment

double post!

Comment

Thanks for the advice I have been going to the gym everyday and that did help out alot.

It is kinda like a team building time so they are not aloud outside communication, that means no phones or internet. It has been about a week now and things are getting better. Thank you all for the advice it really did help!

Comment

Yeah, I know I'll be facing the exact same thing when my SO heads off to the Naval Academy next year. You're only allowed to exchange letters during the 7 week basic training.. Luckily, I think all major days for us narrowly escape that (including his birthday... which actually cuts it pretty close)

Letters can be loads of fun! One of my friends here at my college has a boy at West Point, and even though she didn't get to "talk" to him, she loved writing letters. She has them all in the special binder she decorated and everything. Just keep looking at the positive side of everything, and those 7 weeks will go by pretty quickly... and think about how awesome it'll be to have that first phone call

I wish you guys the best of luck!
              Last edited by Bobbiejeanne; September 12, 2011, 02:10 PM. Reason: Small Typo :)
              Every long lost dream led me to where you are
              Others who broke my heart, they were like northern stars
              Pointing me on my way into your loving arms
              This much I know is true...
              That God blessed the broken road that led me straight to you

|First Met: 02/28/14|Exchanged Numbers: 03/07/14|First Date: 03/14/14|First Kiss: 03/21/14 |Became a couple: 04/05/14|

Comment

Working...
              X