Lack of contact for 1 or 2 weeks :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lack of contact for 1 or 2 weeks :(

My SO sent his laptop in to be fixed the day he left to come to the UK, and normally it takes a couple of weeks meaning it should have been done by the time he got back. They're now saying it could be up to 2 weeks from now before it is back! D: So for now we talk for an hour or so a day on his parents PC. No skype, no other communication. Just msn. Im hating it so much because im used to skyping daily I shouldnt really be complaining because i know people on here have to live like this, but im not used to it Any advice from anyone? Im just finding it hard at the moment

Didn't London-FortCollins post something about a really cheap international plan from O2 UK? Maybe you can check that out?

Być tam, zawsze tam, gdzie Ty.

Comment

Im on a contract and my SO's phone broke a while back and he never had the money to fix it, i dont have the money either =/

Comment

Well, I've been on an internship for two months that's going to end tomorrow evening and I couldn't talk to my SO as much compared to what we're used to, because my work times clash with his. I even worked on weekends and that's where we usually spend time with each other the most! We'd have no contact for a week or two at times and it was so hard on both of us. I hated it so much to the point that I had trouble falling asleep sometimes!

You know what helped me? Thinking about our vacation plans, the rare and very cute text messages every once in a while and the really comforting thought that this is only temporary. We're going to be back to our routine again.

Comment

I know how hard this can be, when my SO started college we went two weeks with a total of 3 hours talking that whole 2 weeks. And before that i had been used to almost daily time together, so it can be hard to adjust. But its something that happens. I'll be going through it again pretty soon. I do think it gets easier with time. You learn to just be patient, and apreciate what you do get, and at least your talking daily even if its a hour. Not really much you can do, fortunately its only 2 more weeks for you guys, i would suggest planning something special to do that day. When he gets it back so you have something to look forward to.
          I love you Nathan <3
          sigpic
          5/25/09 <3

Comment

Working...
          X