Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

From "LDR" to "Time difference" + idea on 2 year anniversary gift for girlfriend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From "LDR" to "Time difference" + idea on 2 year anniversary gift for girlfriend?

My girlfriend and I first met at a time when both of us had made decisions which make it impossible for us to be together since the next month. I was about to leave home to start university 1000km away, while she is going to enter the university at the very city where both of us grown up from. It was kind of a miracle that we come to know each other and fall in love with each other. Two months later, during a national holiday, I returned home and we started our relationship.

It was not hard at the beginning. But things become harder and harder. Until after one year and a half, we were both upset enough that we considered break up for 3 or 4 times. Anyway, we didn't want to lose each other and kept our relationship going. It has been kind of better than before afterwards!

It was hard 3 weeks ago. The story in short, her university program is a joint program which includes two years in the local university + 2 years in Univ of Michigan, Ann Arbor. We both knew it at the very beginning. But moving in is terrible for her and almost not hearing from her for nearly a week made me mad. After all, our communication restores. She understood that communication is very necessary for me and our relationship. And I understood her difficulty during that week to communicate, the moving-in really made her feel awful and exhausted, and my communication need is really too much sometimes.

Forgot to mention, we now have a 12 hour time difference. But as long as we can communicate several times a week and tell each other about our life, I don't feel there's a problem in this.

I feel should share the above story to encourage any one in the situation as I am.

=====

I also have a question to ask. It would be our two year anniversary four weeks later. And I want to buy her a gift. She doen't like flower and like things that's practical. Examples of gifts she liked includes her favorite band's CD, wireless mouse, iPad stylus, LFAD keyring. Examples she doesn't like includes paper flowers, fluffy toy. Examples she hate is real flower.

I know Ann Arbor, Michigan is very cold in winter and considered buying her a glove as winter isn't far from now. But I really suspect things like this should be bought from the store herself. There is a chance the one I bought online doesn't suit her. Also, I never lived in Michigan and I'm worried if I would be making the right choice on the type of glove usually used there in winter. I considered the black one on this page https://www.thenorthface.com/catalog...ariationId=128 . I don't know a lot about glove brands in US but northface is well known in my country.

What's your opinion on glove as a gift and do you have a suggestion about gloves? Or do you have some better ideas about my 2 year anniversary gift? Thanks!

A scarf has no size if you are worried about that. You may buy her a warm pajama or fuzzy slippers (or slipper boots - they are nice and warm on the legs to wear at home). Slipper boots on ebay will be much cheaper than $40 gloves btw. Just find out what is her American shoe size https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Jesco-S...item230e70fb39

---------- Post added at 01:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:50 AM ----------

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Jesco-S...item230e70fb39

Comment

I feel slipper boots is a good idea. And yes, it's less expensive than $50 gloves+shipping. I guess I'll wait for some other ideas and ask about my SO's opinions.
      Thank you!

Comment

Working...
      X