Visting SO soon...but I don't want to say good bye again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Visting SO soon...but I don't want to say good bye again

My mom and my SO are coming up to my university soon to come take me home for a doctors appointment the following day. I am staying home for the weekend. I plan on spending most of my time with my SO and I can't wait because this is the first time I will see him again after becoming LD almost 3 weeks ago. I am really looking forward to being with him again and I'm sure it will be a great time, but I'm worried about something.

I'm worried that I wont be able to handle leaving him again once the weekend is over. This good bye could be very difficult for me.

Any tips or suggestions on how to make the good bye easier?

Know that the separation will be only temporary and cherish every moment you are together When I would visit my SO, the first time leaving was the hardest. After that I felt more secure in us, knew we would still be "us" regardless of the miles and that the distance was only temporary, making return visits that much sweeter. One of my last visits before my move I will never forget standing in the parking lot at the coffee shop before I started driving home, and my SO saying "hurry home so you can come back to me again"... which of course, brought more tears lol

Enjoy your visit and start planning for the next time you get to be together
    Three words. Fill my racing mind. Leave me breathless. Lost in time.
    Three words. Fill my endless dreams. Repair my heart. Mend the seams.
    Three words. Fill your heart too. Three words pronounced. I love you.

~~~~~~

You look in the mirror, you don't like what you see, don't believe it.
    Look in my eyes, I am the only mirror you're ever gonna need.

Met online: 12/24/10 Met In Person: 2/24/11 Distance Closed: 4/24/11
    Not one regret, not one backwards look, only towards the future and beyond!

Comment

enjoy your time together but realize that a goodbye IS going to happen. I know it's going to be hard when this happens and you're probably going to get upset. I have yet to find a way to stop myself from crying when I know I'm going to. when my bf comes to visit me in 2.5 months that when he leaves me it will be the last time I see him until the summer. I know I'm going to cry- a lot- and there's nothing I can do to prevent it.

Comment

It will be upsetting for sure but just think about the next time you will see each other again..the way I try to cope is that I just think to myself I only have 2 more visits before we close the distance permanently Enjoy your time with your SO!

Comment

It's upsetting, I know it is. But, when you're together, you have to try and stay in the present time. You'll be with him then and there for the visit and you get to spend every minute with him! =] Try not to think about the aftermath, because you have the entire trip home to think about that. I know it's hard, because I tend to think a lot into the future. I always then try to think about the next time I get to see him and try to start planning a care package for him or another trip.

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

Working...
          X