Is this normal before you close the distance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this normal before you close the distance

now me and Denise have had rough patches before, but were having one right before i go and start the visa process to close the distance, the last couple of days its been alot of tension and little things setting us off, just curious if its normal to have this before we close the distance because its worrying me

Yes, completely normal. We experienced some rough patches, as well. Both before I moved and just after I arrived. I think it's all due to the stress that such a big change brings, for both of you. Best wishes to you!

Comment

I think it's completely normal. Having JUST submitted documents for the fiancee visa for my SO, and she begins packing her whole life up to move, and the stress of the move and the application and what will happen here financially, we are both under a LOT of stress. Nothing has come close to a breaking point, but we've both been showing the stress a lot, and both having a hard time in life because of it. Even though we both want to protect the other from what we're feeling, eventually everytime we opened up about the point that was causing stress at each point (usually several things) even though we wanted to try and keep them safe, and it seemed to help. Even though neither of us can help the other or change the things that are stressing us, talking about it, even if it sounds complainy, did help.

But yes, there is a lot of stress involved in this kind of thing, so the tension is normal!

Comment

My fiance and I are finally after 5 years talking seriously about starting to close our distance. He lives in Canada and I live in Ohio. So we have to go thru all the stuff of getting him here. He seems to think we can just first get married here and then he goes back there until we he is ready to move here. And of course it will be a lot of money to get him here. I told him though that we have to file the fiance visa and he doesn't think we need it. I wanted to know if anyone knows more about that? Also, is it better if we have an immigration lawyer or not? This relationship has been so very hard on me and I know it is also for him. However I am too much in love with him to quit and can't imagine being without him.

Comment

Visa stress is something that will put a strain on any relationship. I haven't had to deal with visa stress yet, but when my SO moved in with me he was so nervous he was a wreck. Then when I moved down here with him, I was distressed and sad. Moving sucks, moving across an ocean sucks even more, and having to deal with visa/money issues on top of that? Fo-ged-aboutit! Just keep your eye on the prize-- DENISE!

Comment

Originally posted by stephnash View Post
            My fiance and I are finally after 5 years talking seriously about starting to close our distance. He lives in Canada and I live in Ohio. So we have to go thru all the stuff of getting him here. He seems to think we can just first get married here and then he goes back there until we he is ready to move here. And of course it will be a lot of money to get him here. I told him though that we have to file the fiance visa and he doesn't think we need it. I wanted to know if anyone knows more about that? Also, is it better if we have an immigration lawyer or not? This relationship has been so very hard on me and I know it is also for him. However I am too much in love with him to quit and can't imagine being without him.
            I am not entirely sure but if he comes to visit you, or you go visit him and you both get married, you will have to file different paperwork for bringing him to the US as your husband, not your fiance.
            It is still paperwork and all, but just different kind. But if you want to file a fiance visa and get married later then it is a different thing.

Comment

Absolutely. If you're not having thoughts about homicide, then start worrying. I can't tell you how many times I came close to putting a hit on Enrique in the last few weeks we were long distance. If you've never fantasized about where to hide the body, it's not love :P.

Comment

Originally posted by lucybelle View Post
                Visa stress is something that will put a strain on any relationship. I haven't had to deal with visa stress yet, but when my SO moved in with me he was so nervous he was a wreck. Then when I moved down here with him, I was distressed and sad. Moving sucks, moving across an ocean sucks even more, and having to deal with visa/money issues on top of that? Fo-ged-aboutit! Just keep your eye on the prize-- DENISE!

i am im defiantly trying
                Originally posted by Darth_Taco View Post
                Absolutely. If you're not having thoughts about homicide, then start worrying. I can't tell you how many times I came close to putting a hit on Enrique in the last few weeks we were long distance. If you've never fantasized about where to hide the body, it's not love :P.
                LMAO!! imma plead the 5th on that one lol

Comment

Working...
                X