UGH why do I over think everything!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UGH why do I over think everything!!

Lately I've been feeling insecure I try to ignore it but I keep getting random thoughts that my boyfriend will leave me

I talked to him about it today.

ME : " Well Idk why but I've been feeling a tiny bit on the insecure side. I keep thinking that you might find someone up there and want to try things with someone else because they are closer... I've tried to put any type of thoughts like that out of my head.

I even have logical reasons why you wouldn't do such a thing.

But for some annoying reason the negative thought keeps popping up in my head... "

Robert : back

Me : welcome back

Robert : how are you?

Me : I'm good. did you get my last message?
    and how are you?

Robert : yeah, I just read it. Right now I'm not looking for anyone else, and I'll be homeschooling so I won't likely get to see very many girls. besides that, we're doing good together.

( I feel like I'm looking at this too hard Like I keep seeing the " right now " part and I keep thinking there is an expiration date for us Ugh I know this is stupid and idk why I feel this way. )

Heres the rest of the convo :

Me: thank you sweetie
    I wanted to suggest maybe doing a movie night once a week or every other week.
    just to give us something to do together
    Thanks I do feel better I love you

Robert : I love you too

Me: I'm just curious tho is there anything I could do to make you happier with the relationship?

Robert: seeing you lol

Me: Well if I get this job my first pay check is going toward that
    If not maybe we can work something out for christmas

Robert: that'd be good

Me: Yeah, I can't make any promises tho. Other than as soon as I get the money I'm going to come see you

Robert:

Me: and I'm gonna snuggle you.
    a lot lol

Robert: I'm tired

Me: well go take a nap if you want

Robert: I take nap. ttyl

Me: ttyl love

Robert: love you

Me: love you too

I have a horrid habbit of over thinking everything.
    Idk am I just looking into the " right now " part too much?
    What do you think?
    " There is always hope.
    "

When we feel insecure, every little thing is a "sign". I don't think your SO meant it in a bad way. He sounds like he is super happy with you.
    "We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love " ~ Theodore Seuss Geisel.

Comment

I tend to overthink a lot of little things like that too. That's one of the downsides of text-based messages. Those words are perpetually on the screen, waiting to be overanalyzed.

I wouldn't worry about it. Especially when people have a lot going on or are just tired, comments they'll say in the moment don't usually have a whole lot of hidden meaning behind the surface words. I know I've sent messages that I later thought, "Hm, that could be interpreted differently from what I meant..." But it sounds like you're both happy and trying to make it work out. If he was really unhappy in the relationship, I think you would know.

Good luck with everything!

Comment

Working...
      X