Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm not quite sure what to make of it...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not quite sure what to make of it...

It's nothing serious. Just something that's been on the back of my mind all day really.

My SO told me this morning that a girl at his highschool has been hugging him and making him feel slightly better. I'm glad that he's feeling better because of the physical contact, but it bugs me that she's hugging him. That it's not MY physical contact he's receiving. It's not that I don't want him to have female friends, quite the opposite. It's just...I don't know, it makes me jealous because she can hug him and I can't because I'm so far away :/ He told me that awhile back he had a crush on her too. I said it was ok to have crushes on someone, that it's only natural, and when I said it better not go any further than just friendship (in a joking way, but still serious) he laughed and said I had nothing to worry about, and that he wouldn't replace me in his heart with anyone else. It's not that I don't trust him. I trust him with my life. It just bugs me. It makes me envious, jealous, to say the least.

I don't consider it cheating, but it doesn't feel right to me. What are your thoughts on this, guys?

Just to add: he doesn't get much physical contact from his parents. Never gets hugs or any of that. The only real affection he gets is from me and a few relatives.

I can see how you would feel jealous, i would too, mhm this would personally bug me, but thats just me, if it was someone he had a crush on before. But im a bit insecure about myself, but at the same time i trust my SO. You say you trust your SO, so don't sweat it to much. I would just suggest telling your SO about how it makes you feel and be open. Communication is key, and trust is huge. Just lay it all out so its been said, but he's free to make his own choice on how to act on this, but at least he knows exactly how you feel on it.
    I love you Nathan <3
    sigpic
    5/25/09 <3

Comment

The fact that he told about it is good because you didn't have how to know about the hugs. Him telling you means that he wants to be completely honest with you and that is wonderful.
      I would be unconfortable too with the fact that some other girl is huging my bf oftenly. If it's about a friend that she is like his sister no problem, but like she is not I wouldn't be ok with it. However he obviesly needs the physical affection, I dont know what to tell you, you cannot do much, you can explain him why it is an unconfortable position for you but also remind him that you trust him 100% so it's not about trust...
      Just remind yourself that he is being honest with you so don't try to punish him, on the contrary be happy that he tells you everything and that you can trust him

Comment

Okay I have a guy friend I'm really close with like he's practically my brother.
        I stay the night at his house my boyfriend knows this and doesn't care because he has met him and even stayed the night when he had a party.

Now that he's moved he is still okay with me staying the night with him.

My friend has had many LDR's and everyone at them would get jealous because I got to stay the night and play video games with him and they hardly got to see him. I understand this, and I would even talk to whomever he was with at the time. So maybe if he has her as a friend on FB or something you can add her and get to know her.

You should remember that he is being honest with you and not hiding it. Which is a VERY good thing. I would just keep talking to him and try to do little special things to remind him of how much you care about him.
        " There is always hope.
        "

Comment

Working...
        X