Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Walking in his shoes.

Okay so most of you have been helping me a lot. Thanks for that

Now before I start my boyfriend has not gotten on me about this at all... its just something I seem to have a personal problem with I guess.

Here the story.

He lived here. I've known him for three years. We dated off an on... long story as to why, mostly because we were young and both deal with depression. Before he moved we made things healthy and this time we plan on staying together long term, maybe even marriage some day.

When he live here he stayed with his dad.

His dad: Is an alcoholic and never paid much attention to him he didn't give him the medical care he needed for physical or mental health because he was too busy buying musical instruments and beer. ( he had amps holding up a pool table, now I understand he's been a musition for years but still he could have sold the damn things and got some help for his son fucking prick )

During his last two months here it got bad between him and his dad. He shut off his phone leaving him no way to contact me or his family in PA. Stopped buying him food, He had to fish or I would buy him food when I had money. And he gave him a 30 day notice and told him to get out.

Seriously It pissed me off to no end. Because his dad shut off his phone I had to let him use the last $2 on my account to have him call his mom so he could see about staying with her. $2 gave him 20 minutes to talk to her.

I spent the last week with him I never left his side except once when he wanted me to go to a friends so he could sleep and get some rest.

( Now I know this is long but please keep reading )

During that last week we had tons of fun I helped him pack. The day before he left for PA, that night his dad left and didn't bother to come back to say goodbye. Seriously we slept on the couch in the living room and his dad never came home... I hate his dad with a passion.

He went from it being just him and his dad to, Him, His mom, step-dad, little sister and little brother ( ages 11 and 10 he is 19 )

So he's now in a full house... still deals with staying on top of his mental health.. he isn't a social person, so I know being around people all day much be hard for him. Along with that he left me here, we were best friends, add that to doing online school and them moving out into the country at the end or NOV/ start of OCT.

I can imagine it is very overwhelming for him. Plus I'm sure he is still pretty hurt by how his dad treated him.

I understand all this, as when I was younger I was abused physically, sexually and mentally by my biological father and then placed into foster care at the age of nine He was also an alcoholic as well and a violent one at that...

I understand that so many changes for him can be very overwhelming.
    But I'm also hurt that he blew off movie night half way through.
    I plan to talk to him about it when we talk next.
    But its not just that, we went from talking everyday for hours to only talking between 5min-an hour ( if lucky ) at night.

Like I know all of this must be hard for him and it will take a good while to adjust.
    But I feel like my needs are being ignored.
    I'm not asking for much just one night a week to cam and talking for a few before we go to bed and letting me know when he wont be on that night or something.

Perhaps I am asking for a little too much right now... its only been 6 weeks since he moved.

I know it will get better once he has his own room ( HE SLEEPS IN THE LIVING ROOM AND THEY DON'T HAVE WIERLESS INTERNET SO WE HAVE TO TALK IN THE LIVING ROOM AFTER EVERYONE IS ASLEEP ( at least for cam )

^ I put that in caps in case you were skimming through at this point not that I blame you lol

I'm trying not to ask him for too much because things are very hard for him right now... He did manage to get me something for my birthday which is sweet because he didn't have to spend what little bit he has on me.

I'm not sure what I should do. I'm just trying to wait the hard stuff out because I know it will get better it always does.
    " There is always hope.
    "

Wow It is a hard story, I'm sorry that both of you have lived really hard situations.
    Maybe you are not talking as much as before but I think is good that you talk at least every night, even if it's not enough. I'm sure the situation will change when they'll move to a biger place, just be patient.
    Good luck for both of you, I hope everything will be resolved soon

Comment

Working...
    X