Lost gift in the mail...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost gift in the mail...

I'm pretty sure my boyfriends gift got lost in the mail. I sent it out about a month ago and he still hasn't received anything. It sucks because i worked really hard on it. Now his birthday is coming up and I realllyyy hope nothing happens to his birthday gifft. grr

Have you ever had your mail get lost? ;/

That sucks. I'm sorry.

Yes, a letter Rane sent me never came, and a gift I sent someone also got lost. :/ It's very frustrating and sad and maddening all at once.

Comment

I sent a letter that never reached Alex once, but I think that was my fault for putting it in the post slot instead of mailing it through the desks like you're supposed to do for international mail. ^^;;

Comment

Hopefully I never got something lost in the mail, but I'm sure it sucks really bad since you worked hard on it :/ I'm sorry..

Comment

Yeah, letters and packages of mine also got lost or arrived without the content, completely ripped apart! Thankfully, the stuff that got lost wasn't too expensive, but still.

If it's been a month, there's not too much hope that it will still arrive, but it has happened to me once that I sent a package to my penfriend (Europe to US) that only arrived after 3 months!! I don't know what happened there, but by that time, we'd already completely forgotten about it.

Comment

I'd say a month is pretty long. May not get to him. We haven't lost anything, but even if we would it wouldn't be that big of a deal. I'd be pretty mad though bc of all the time I put into, but I've never sent anything of much monetary value. I don't think anyone would keep the package though...lol if they opened it all they'd find is candy maybe some cookies and things with our pictures on it. They'd probably just put it back on it's way.

Sorry it has been lost though. I'd be really upset bc of all the time I put into and I know he enjoys getting them.

Comment

Yep. I mailed a package to Joe recently and it's apparently lost since it's been a couple weeks and he hasn't gotten it yet. Anything I mail to him typically gets to him in two days. I work for the post office, so I should have known to put a tracking number on it since I see misdirected mail everyday but I was like, "Nah, let's go without one this time. Nothing has gotten lost before." Of course, that's the package that gets lost, lol. I've also been waiting for a book that was mailed to me on like March 25th from someone in the same state as me and it still hasn't arrived.

Comment

I'm sorry to hear that. I hate when something like that happens.
                My SO sent me his first letter/package back then and I never got it. :\
                "Once the realization is accepted that even between the closest human beings infinite distances continue,
                a wonderful living side by side can grow, if they succeed in loving the distance between them
                which makes it possible for each to see the other whole against the sky."
                - Rainer Maria Rilke

"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet,
                regardless of time, place, or circumstance.
                The thread may stretch or tangle, but it will never break."
                - an ancient Chinese belief

Comment

Its been like 2 months since alex tried to send me a necklace for valentines and it never got here =( i think thats because he forgot to put a customs form on it though XD

Comment

ahhh that makes me so nervous. my bf wants to send me a letter and a gift. i'm having him send it to the post office, i hope it doesnt get lost!

Comment

ahhhhh i'm sorry, thats not happend to me yet, we havent sent eachother stuff in the mail... i hope it wasnt something too expensive.. but you said you worked hard on it so im guessing its sentimental.. thats even worse

Comment

Originally posted by preetix3 View Post
                        ahhh that makes me so nervous. my bf wants to send me a letter and a gift. i'm having him send it to the post office, i hope it doesnt get lost!
                        I wouldn't be too nervous. I think with all the mail that gets handled by the postal service, only a very small portion gets lost.

Comment

I hope it turns out eventually!

Comment

Working...
                          X