Mail not getting there :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mail not getting there :(

I have currently mailed my SO 2 letters, each with about ehh three letters inside of them and drawings. He lives in Boston, I in Bowling Green. I get his mail and it comes about four days after he mails. However, i mailed a letter three weeks ago and it still hasn't arrived Anyone have any suggestions? or just cool quotes?

my 1st thought was- are you sure you have the right address? sometimes writing the wrong number or changing a "drive" to an "avenue" can make all the difference. I know this probably isn't the case but it was my 1st thought (since it's happened to me)! also, what about getting a confirmation?

Comment

I can always try sending him something with the same address as it says online... and what's a confirmation?

Comment

Originally posted by ricecakes244 View Post
        I can always try sending him something with the same address as it says online... and what's a confirmation?
        Delivery Confirmation. It allows you to track the package so you can see where it is, although it's not a guarantee that it will get to its destination. You can only get it on Priority Mail or parcels though, not just normal letters. There's a possibility that it could just be misdirected. I work at a post office and we get misdirected mail for all over the country...and sometimes even other countries. What Kerry said is very good advice, make sure you have the right address. If the address is one number off or missing a number, it'll probably be sent back to you as "Attempted - Not Known" or something like that. And since return to sender mail takes longer to process than normal mail, it'll take a while to get the letters back if they're being returned to you. It's unusual for two letters to go missing though. You should probably make sure you have the right address. My guess is that they just got lost or that they're being returned to you for some reason.

Comment

also if the envelope is overstuffed it could become damaged and lost.
          "taim i ngrá leat mo anam chara <3"

Kitten: -laces fingers together- our souls are one <3
          Keith: -blushes and gazes at lovingly- forever and always <3

Comment

Originally posted by PucasKitten View Post
            also if the envelope is overstuffed it could become damaged and lost.
            This can definitely happen. Sometimes even regular letters get caught in the sorting machines and get torn up.

Comment

he finally got my first letter

Comment

Working...
              X