s/o going out at night!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

s/o going out at night!?

Does your S/O's go out to bars with their friends ???

Lately my BF has been lonely so he's made some new friends and has been going out to bars on the weekends, I just get worried/paranoid sometimes. Wondering if it's "normal" and if your S/O's are too?

Thanks!

Yes I encourage him to go out with his friends while I stay home, he needs his boy time every once and a while. It is perfectly normal. You should be happy he has made some friends and is able to go out and hang out with them.

Comment

He goes out sometimes. Like snow_girl, I encourage it if that's what he wants to do. It's perfectly normal, and so long as he's not going to pick-up joints, I don't see a problem with it.

Comment

I am so glad i found this! I am currently sat in my room at Uni feeling extremely lonely because my boyfriend has moved to another Uni, hence us having to have a long distance relationship. As he has started uni, he is meeting new people and for the past two evenings he has gone out with new people ( males and females) and it makes me miss him so much, and I just want to be around him

Comment

yeah its normal. And like some of the others said, i too tell him to go out and have fun. He goes clubbing with his friends. I used to get a bit paranoid and worried a one point, but that was my own insecurities and worries about silly things. Now I just want him to be happy, I rather him out and having a good time then alone and depressed. But i perfer him spending time with me before both those lol
          I love you Nathan <3
          sigpic
          5/25/09 <3

Comment

Yeah i agree with you, I'm glad he is out with his new friends, I just wish there were two of him haha, one to be with me, another to be with his friends

Comment

My boyfriend parties sometimes. He works two jobs and likes to go out when he can. I'm fine with it but sometimes I get jealous because I am at home when he's out. As long as we are both out or busy it doesn't bother me at all.

Became a couple: March 17th, 2010
              Started our college long distance relationship: August 2011
              Surprise engagement in Disneyworld! : March 22nd, 2013
              Closed the distance: May 2nd, 2014
              Became his wife and started our happily ever after!: May 17th, 2014

Comment

I go out with my friends to bars and my SO has no issues with it whatsoever. He doesn't like to go out much, but I wouldn't be upset if he did. It's good for us to go out and spend time with our friends.

Comment

Haha yeah my boyfriend loves going out, mostly to play pool or catch UFC events he can't order haha. It really only upsets me when 1) he neglects to tell me that he's going out, or 2) he comes home "buzzing" aka drunk, lol. But yeah, I love hearing that he's had a great time, even though it hurts that it's without me, but meh, we all need some time for ourselves. Those times I usually pamper myself or focus on some of my hobbies.

Comment

i encourage my boyfriend to go out. i wish he can meet new people that he can hang out with more often. he isn't from california and is only here for his masters degree and most of his friends from the naval postgraduate school are married. we live about 2 hours away so majority of the time we arent together. i go out with my friends and he trusts me enough to let me go party and i trust myself that i won't do anything.

just because you're in a relationship doesn't mean your worlds should revolve around one another.

Comment

Man, I hope he does. Seriously, he better have more of a sociallife than me, or I'll have to be really concerned :P

Comment

My SO rarely drinks, so he doesn't go out to bars...he does love to play pool and plays almost every night with his friends. I encourage him to spend time w/his friends, it is definitely healthy and normal to have a social life.

Comment

Sure, we both do. You have to maintain a normal life in an LDR, it's really important, it keeps depression and loneliness from hitting so hard. Be happy for him, he's found friends and is having some fun, it's normal and healthy, and you should probably try to do the same. If you trust him, what's the big deal?
                          Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

My SO generally goes out every Sat. It's his time away from the pc and work, to spend with friends. There are times where he has wanted to stay with me (like on my birthday to actually spend it with me since I figured no one would be around), but I told him to go out even before I knew my mum was coming to see me. So I don't think its a big deal, especially if you have no reason not to trust em.

Comment

I wish my SO would go out more often. I try to encourage him to go spend time with his friends, but he likes staying home. Sometimes it's hard because I want to to be the one spending time with him, but he needs that time with his friends. I trust him enough to give him that time when he wants it.
                              "I'll hold you in my heart till I can hold you in my arms again."

"It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard...is what makes it great! -A League of Their Own

Met: August 22, 2010
                              Made it official: September 17, 2010
                              Got engaged: January 15, 2012
                              Our First Visit: November 18, 2010-November 28, 2010
                              Our Seventh (and Last) Visit: November 10, 2012-November 24, 2012
                              Got married: November 21, 2012
                              Big Wedding Date: May 25, 2013
                              Closed the Distance: June 2, 2013

Comment

Working...
                              X