Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Videos of Meeting your SO?

hey everyone!
    I was just wondering if any of you had Video of the moment you and your SO met for the First time in LIFE?
    i always wanted to see a couple who has never met in life meeting first time and giving the First hug!

if not is there any good videos you can link me to?

yep, my mom came so since she was there i had her record the moment, lol and i love it so much cause yeah he was so jet-lagged and tired you could see it on his face. But watching it looks like he wanted to kiss me but he see's my mom so he stopped, lol i asked him about it and he said he did! I was so nervous, but as soon as i saw him it all went away. Was just a tad bit awkward with my mom there, but the moment and feeling was great!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVCC..._order&list=UL have the vid before that when mom got some other guy confused with him. At one point I couldn't look any more because every time that door opened up and it wasn't him I would feel sick, so I couldn't look. So I asked my mom to tell me when he came out. She got me all excited and looking for him, and it wasn't even him lol
    I love you Nathan <3
    sigpic
    5/25/09 <3

Comment

I am meeting my SO for the first time face to face in two weeks and I have been debating whether or not to do this, but nobody is coming with me so I'd have to ask some random person in the airport to record it for me and that might not work out. I am also afraid he would think it was awkward and weird. So I'm not sure if I will do it or not. If I do decide to do it I will post a link to the video.

Comment

YES we do have a youtube called RayMariMe but you'd have to type one direction little things long distance to find it and it would really help us a lot if ya'll can check it out.

Comment

Ours is here.
          Canadian permanent residence APPROVED!
          Closed the Distance: 09/26/2019
          Engaged: 09/26/2020

Comment

Youtube channel RayMariMe but you'd have to type "One direction little things long distance" to find ours because for some reason I can't put up the link just yet :/

Comment

That's really interesting. Maybe it's an age thing, because I'd never even consider doing that. It's a deeply special and personal memory, and I don't think I'd really want it filmed, even if it didn't go on YouTube for the world to see.

I think having someone video it would be really awkward, and spoil the memory somewhat - we'd both feel like we were 'acting' for the camera, rather than enjoying a precious moment together, just for us. It's our relationship, not a performance for the world. I spent several years as a radio presenter, so I'm used to being in the public view, but this just seems a little too much.

Does it come from the modern way of thinking - that every moment in life has to be blogged, tweeted, 'liked' on Facebook to be valid?

Comment

Originally posted by radioandy View Post
                That's really interesting. Maybe it's an age thing, because I'd never even consider doing that. It's a deeply special and personal memory, and I don't think I'd really want it filmed, even if it didn't go on YouTube for the world to see.

I think having someone video it would be really awkward, and spoil the memory somewhat - we'd both feel like we were 'acting' for the camera, rather than enjoying a precious moment together, just for us. It's our relationship, not a performance for the world. I spent several years as a radio presenter, so I'm used to being in the public view, but this just seems a little too much.

Does it come from the modern way of thinking - that every moment in life has to be blogged, tweeted, 'liked' on Facebook to be valid?
                It didn't feel awkward or weird at all for us. Neither of us cared-- we were just so happy to finally be together, after 2 years of being LDR and a whole day of cars, planes and airports-- and since we waited so long and will not see each other again for so long, we are both glad to have the video to look back on. We only put it on youtube because others had been kind enough to inspire us with their videos.
                Canadian permanent residence APPROVED!
                Closed the Distance: 09/26/2019
                Engaged: 09/26/2020

Comment

I don't have a video of us meeting because it wouldn't have been right for us. I was extremely nervous and my anxiety never could have taken a camera. But I absolutely love looking at other videos, and I do tend to get jealous of the people who can relive that moment and feeling whenever they like. I don't think it's too much, and I think some of these videos do a great job of reminding couples who haven't met yet that there is hope.

Comment

I'm glad I didn't video our first meeting so that there was no awkwardness... I'm thinking having the video on when I come out of arrivals and see him this time around would be fun to have for future memories... Because hopefully we only have a few more years left of these types of meetings...
                    First met online: June, 2010
                    First met in person: August, 2011 (See the story of our first visit)
                    Second visit: December, 2011 (Christmas and New Years together!)
                    Third visit together: August, 2012
                    Fourth visit: December 2012 (Christmas and New Years together!)
                    Fifth visit: July 2013 (2 weeks here in Canada)
                    Sixth visit: December 2013 (Christmas and New Years together again and I finally met his mother!)
                    Next visit: Unknown... for now but coming up ASAP

Comment

My SO and I started dating before we went long distance so it wouldn't be entirely just meeting for the first time for us. But when she comes back in July I will make sure to have somebody video how frantic I will be :P
                      She wanted to do it anyway to be honest, she wanted to start a video montage of basically her life and us and our long distance relationship which includes a few skype sessions that we have together. Then she wanted to the video us reunited and then just us doing stuff whilst she is here and then she wanted to take videos of me going over there with her (we'll be on the same looooong flight) and me living there and us traveling and etc.

Comment

Originally posted by US2CAN View Post
                        Youtube channel RayMariMe but you'd have to type "One direction little things long distance" to find ours because for some reason I can't put up the link just yet :/
                        I like it alot! I agree to the one who commented there,
                        Saying goodnight than goodbye

anyway, lemme help you guys.

here's the link of your vid:
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQ51eJcMuSU
                        After all that we've been through, It all comes down to me and you.
                        I guess it's meant to be, Forever you and me, After all.

Comment

Working...
                        X