Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So close to reaching that famous happy end...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So close to reaching that famous happy end...

Yesterday I broke up with my long-distance boyfriend. We have still never actually spoken in person.

The relationship itself lasted almost two months, but we've known each other for over two years. I couldn't handle the commitment, I'm not strong enough. So I ended the big step forward we took.

He's my best friend, and I still love him. But I am in my first year of college, and I can't bear to think of at least another four years living like this. I need somebody to hold me. I hate that I'm not strong enough.

I feel as if I should give up on any remaining hope that our relationship will ever actually come to fruition. He's been there for me through so, so much. I still can't really imagine my future without him. But I don't think I can live for me, right now, if I'm hung up about all of this.

I don't know how I should feel- and I guess that's why I'm posting this. I guess I am also curious to wonder if you guys think I'm making the right decision.

I'm 18, so young, and I have so much ahead of me in life. I shouldn't be worried over something like this. But again, he's my best friend. And that's that.

I'm sorry you guys broke up. But hey, what do we define as strength? Admitting what you've admitted doesn't make you weak. Everyone is different, and handles situations differently, it doesn't make you any weaker by doing what you've done. If it's any consolation, I'm 18 too so I understand what you mean when you say you have so much ahead of you. I'm in my first year at university and I totally understand. What I would say is if he's your best friend, don't break contact Keep chatting to each other, and remain as strictly friends, and perhaps sometime in the future, if you're both still in touch and you both still want to meet up and see each other once you're done with college, then go ahead and make arrangements if that's possible. There's no reason to say why you can't do that if you want to once you're done Good luck in college!

Comment

Working...
    X