Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Questions to ask your SO if you're lost for words!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions to ask your SO if you're lost for words!

So I've been seeing a lot of threads on here lately about how couples have hit the stage where they're not quite sure what to talk about and conversations have become boring. I decided to start a thread that would hopefully help combat the problem If you guys know any questions that could help, then post them here and let's see if we can help a few people that are stuck in this kind of situation.

Here goes

1) Do you remember the day we first met?

2) Did you have any dreams last night? If so, what did you dream about? Was it a good or bad dream?

3) How are you feeling right now? Why do you feel like that?

4) What's the best memory that you have of you and I?

5) What do you love most about me?

6) What song reminds you of me the most?

7) If you had 3 wishes, what would they be? Why?

8) What's been your greatest acheivement to date? When did it happen?

9) What's your favourite childhood memory? When did it happen? Why is it your favourite memory?

10) What website do you visit the most?

11) What are you most passionate about?

12) Where's your favourite place in the world?

13) What's the best picture you've ever taken? What does it mean to you and what makes you like it so much?

14) What little things do I do that you enjoy? What things do you like me to do the most?

15) When was the last time that you were surprised?

16) What's the most recent movie that you've seen? Did you like it? What was best about it? If you didn't like it, why?

17) What's the nicest thing you've done this week?

18) What's your favourite quote? Why?

19) Are there any books that you'd love to read? If so, what are they?

20) What's the one possession you couldn't live without?

What questions can you guys come up with?

that is a great idea! good questions.

Comment

This is why I think it's so important for people to have hobbies outside of school and work. It always kind of boggles my mind when folks saying they have nothing to say for days on end. Just imagine if your SO were actually around, you would still need to discuss things outside of work or school, so what then? And hobbies are fun! Collecting (virtually anything), the arts (drawing, painting, photography, sculpting, beadwork, the list is endless), sports (need I say more?), writing, fashion, volunteer work, gaming...I mean, that's just scratching the surface! And the wonderful thing about hobbies is that they are always changing. There are communities out there for virtually every interest or subculture, events to go to, new people to meet, and the hobbies themselves are never static, new innovative methods for pretty much everything, things to learn and actively do which could lend themselves to a new interest. Having a hobby (or two, or three), means you'll have something you enjoy to fall back onto and gives tons of ripe conversation fodder, all you have to ask it what's new with their hobby Win-win!

Comment

Maybe I'm just lucky but me and him never have boring conversations or run out of things to talk about. We have plenty of times where we're not feeling talkative, but that's when we'll spend our us-time on Skype looking at photos, watching a movie together, or surfing the internet. In person together, we had lots of quiet time together with no need to talk, just enjoying the silence and peaceful quiet together.

Comment

My SO and I play silly 20 questions types of games when we get bored. Like: "If you could be any fruit, what would you be?"; "Would you rather.." "If you could go anywhere for your next vacation, where would you go?"; "If you had to pick between heels or wooden clogs for the rest of your life, what would you choose." They are dumb but can be funny.

Comment

excelent questions!

Comment

Good questions..I could have used these earlier when I was talking to him..hate when we run out of things to say :P
              " Love don't run....Love don't hide...Love don't turn away or back down from a fight.
              Baby I'm right here..and I and going anywhere"

Mitch and Stephanie July 14, 2011

Comment

my So would not be able to answer all of these questions or would be very brief. He is not the kind of guy who likes to talk about anything that involves feelings. it may take a direction of him becoming upset.
                However, joking around and goofing around and talk about cartoons or smth like that works much better

Comment

Thanks for all the feedback, guys Just wondering, do any of you have any questions you could add to the list?

Comment

Originally posted by HollzHeartsChris View Post
                    Thanks for all the feedback, guys Just wondering, do any of you have any questions you could add to the list?
                    Well, I was trying to make a point that with a hobby there are a multitude of questions that could stem from that:

How's your favorite team doing?
                    Any new games out?
                    Can we play this game together?
                    How's that new project coming along?
                    Can you teach me how to do that?
                    What's that new gadget you're saving up for?
                    Is this something we can do together?
                    Can you teach me how to get started?
                    What do you do at that event?

Those are just off the top of my head but every hobby pretty much has a slew of never ending questions tied along with it

Comment

I agree with Rosebud, I never quite understood the running out of things to say-thing. It's always the complete opposite for me. There's sooo many things I have to say that our time on the phone/skype is never enough. Everytime we hang up a million things I've forgotten to say come to my mind. And I don't have that interesting a life, really.

Być tam, zawsze tam, gdzie Ty.

Comment

Originally posted by kat4301 View Post
                        My SO and I play silly 20 questions types of games when we get bored. Like: "If you could be any fruit, what would you be?"; "Would you rather.." "If you could go anywhere for your next vacation, where would you go?"; "If you had to pick between heels or wooden clogs for the rest of your life, what would you choose." They are dumb but can be funny.
                        my so and i do this alot. it is fun, sometimes just silly but we enjoy it.

Comment

Working...
                        X