Tips for a thank you card :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tips for a thank you card :)

My SO's mother sent me a gorgeous necklace and earrings, and I want to send her a thank you card I'm horrible at writing cards... So far all I have is "Dear Blaithin" haha.

Any suggestions? Is it too much to include something about how it was lovely to meet her in March? And looking forward to meeting her again? I am so short on ideas, and I'd like to send it soon, so any help is appreciated!!

(Also, I don't know if anyone has sent mail to anyone in Ireland, but their addresses are adorable. Her address is her house name, Cork, Co Cork, Ireland. No number or street name. How on earth will they find her?!)

Love will not betray you, dismay or enslave you, it will set you free

Met: Cork, Ireland - December 31, 2009 • Started Dating: Cork, Ireland - May 22, 2010 • Became LD: July 15, 2010 • My Move From Canada to UK: October 26, 2011
    Closed the distance June 18, 2012!

I write thank you cards all the time.... they are a dying art and people really do appreciate them...I have been told so on many occasions.

In any case, tell her how much you love and appreciate her generous gift. Tell her it means a lot to you that she was so thoughtful. Also be sure to tell her how excited you are about wearing them in the future or if you have already worn them, tell her how beautiful they made you feel.

And in regards to including how nice it was to meet her and how you are looking forward to seeing her again. If you feel it, it is never too much to include in a thank you card.

Good luck!

Comment

Don't overthink this one, especially since you love the gift. Everything you just posted is perfect for your note I think telling mentioning your meeting in March and saying you're looking forward to the next one is a nice addition, and you may even want to consider putting in a picture of you wearing the jewelry.
      Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
      X