Relationship Strengths and Weaknesses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Me
    + I give everything i have to the ones i love, i support them through thick and thin even if they hurt me.
    - I'm overly sensitive and over think things, i struggle to express my upset.

SO
    + He's very strong emotionally, he can put his own hurt aside to comfort and help anybody else. He's a positive person by nature.
    - He can be very stubborn with his point of view and he sometimes struggles to understand why people get so upset which is more of a patience issue.

But were helping each other get better, he's always telling me to think of the positives and his patience in getting me to open up and express how im feeling has gotten so much better.
    As long as there is air in my lungs... there is a chance

Comment

This seems like a fun thread! Thought I'd join the party!

Me:
      +: I'm very caring. I got out if my way (sometimes WAY out of my way) to make him feel as special as I think he is.
      -: I'm always paranoid that I'm going to lose him.

Him:
      +: He's super sweet. He brightens my day with little notes and such always telling me how he loves me.
      -: He's a ladies man, a habit I know is going to be hard for him to kick.
      Every long lost dream led me to where you are
      Others who broke my heart, they were like northern stars
      Pointing me on my way into your loving arms
      This much I know is true...
      That God blessed the broken road that led me straight to you

|First Met: 02/28/14|Exchanged Numbers: 03/07/14|First Date: 03/14/14|First Kiss: 03/21/14 |Became a couple: 04/05/14|

Comment

Me
        Positive: I'm very expressive. I adore taking care of my boyfriend and showing my love in all manner of ways.
        Negative: I can be rather bossy sometimes

Him
        Positive: The emotional support he gives me is unparalleled
        Negative: From time to time he'll try to annoy me on purpose. I usually let it slide, but he sure knows how to test my patience!

Comment

Oooo love this!

Me: Positive I love with everything I have, and I make sure to show this to him at every single opportunity. He's my everything, so I want to give him my everything, you know?
          Negative I worry too much. In other words, I overanalyze, and I let the little things get to me. I remember before I went to Ireland and met him, I prayed to somehow learn to just be in a relationship. He always manages to put things in perspective for me, though.

Him: Positive He is the most loving man I've ever known. He's literally got a heart of gold, and never fails to express how much he cares for me. I feel so treasured with him. He's also very calming--any stress I have just melts away with him.
          Negative He's SUPER impulsive. That's pretty much the only thing that's given me stress, but it's also become one of the things I love most about him.
          "I love thee to the depth, and breadth, and height my soul can reach..." ~Elizabeth Barrett Browning

Comment

ME:
            +: I always make sure that I let him know that I love and care about him.
            -: I overthink things. For example, I get upset when I feel like he's not making the same effort to talk to me and let me know what he's thinking. We're both busy and stressed at times, but sometimes I feel like he uses that as an excuse, which may just be me overthinking the situation.

SO:
            +: He's very loving and has shown me that he really cares about me in more ways than one.
            -: When we're discussing something, sometimes I think he forgets to put things in perspective before speaking or taking action.

Comment

Very good topic, self-evaluation is very important.

Me

+: I am not afraid of commitment and I am loyal. I have my moments of weakness but I have a strong will to endure them.
              -: I have a tendency to find problems where there are none, although I've been getting much better lately. For example, I used to be jealous of his ex's although I know they are far in the past (95% over it).

SO

+: He is very patient, perseverant, loyal and knows where he stands. He is told a lot that LDRs do not work, that I must be cheating on him even, and he speaks out defending me against those comments and explaining others that these relationships can work.
              -: He is very emotional and has moments where he feels down and puts the pressure on himself. He does not like making me worried or thinking he is weak and so he does not tell me and therefore I can't help.

Comment

THIS. I love.

Me:
                + Incredibly thoughtful. I am always thinking of little (or big) things I can do for my SO, whether that is surprising for a day, making him dinner, buying him a little something something that he'd like, sending him cutesy texts and pictures to remind just how crazy in love I am with him.
                - Dependent. I am an affectionate person by nature and I like that to be reciprocated. I love it when my SO takes the time to make a romantic gesture or just be with me because that's what I feel I need most. Sometimes that means I can get a little clingy or upset when he's trying to back away for a bit.

Him:
                + Unconditional love. I wish I could say that about myself, but it really takes a lot of heart to do this and I'm working my way there. He loves me regardless of my flaws, is there to support me in whatever endeavors, and will fight for me. That means so much.
                - Closed-off. He says he's always been the kind of person that just deals with personal issues on his own, so it takes a lot of prying on my end for him to let me know how he feels about things, especially if they're negative things. Since I'm an open book, this drives me absolutely crazy because then it makes me think he doesn't need me (and there is where my weakness comes in :P)
                sigpic

Comment

Nice thread!

Me:
                  + I try my best to care about people with my whole heart.
                  - I think I worry TOO much. Sometimes like a mother. Which I guess can be kinda annoying. I like to believe that its my maternal instinct.

SO:
                  + He has the kind of patience I wish I had. I can be a hard person to have patience with when I get worried about things, but he has an incredible knack to keep me calm.
                  - He gets really into video games. Like deeply into them. Which isn't really a negative feature. I actually love that about him, I just wish he didn't multi task with me and games at the same time. xD

Comment

Working...
                  X