Things You Do to Not Get Lonely

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Things You Do to Not Get Lonely

What little things do you do so you don't feel so distant from your SO? Usually the night time is the hardest for me ... I sleep with a picture of us next to my bed, and I have a big stuffed shark that I cuddle up with. My boyfriend left his deodorant at my house so I smeared it all over the shark, that way when I hug it close I can smell him, it really makes me feel like he's there with me.

Anyone else do anything like this?

I kiss or touch the necklace he gave me. It helps a little bit, but mostly I just try to keep myself busy.

Comment

The night is defiantly the hardest. Going to bed is a bit worse than coming home and him not being there but that is beside the point. I do the same thing. There is a picture of us in my room as well as other ones through out my apartment. He got me a teddy bear at the end of my last term because I was stressing out over finals. Now every time i see him he will spray it with the cologne that i love and I fall asleep with that. The sad part is when the sent eventually goes away. Ive been meaning to buy my own bottle to spray it myself but always forget. Any who, you are not the one one with those type of evening rituals.

As for things I do other than at night... just stay busy. I am a full time student so it is easier some days than others. What I notices is that if I study on campus rather than go home then i am distracted. If I go home then I am more inclined to have some a pitty party for myself. Either way, I always miss him but there are little things to keep you mind on other things too.
      Got together Jan 3, 2011~ Closed the Distance March 23, 2012~ Living Together Since June 19 2012~ Future TBD......

I miss you more than I ever could have believed; and I was prepared to miss you a good deal." ~ Vita Sackville-west

Comment

When me and my OH see each other, we exchange pillows .... Although the smell of him only lasts a few nights, it's the best thing to ease you gently back into the next how ever many nights alone until the next time

Pictures are also great and pictures of us and him are smothered all over my bedroom!!!

Its hard not to get lonely, but then there is nothing worse than feeling sorry for yourself... You can't win!!!!

xx

Comment

I find that I have to change the bed after he leaves because his scent makes me sooo sad when he is not there. So I keep myself busy by doing that and rearranging the house so I'm not always thinking, oh, the last time I saw that DH was here. I also put on music, stuff that he would HATE so it won't remind me of him, and go out of the house, either for a walk or to run errands and stay busy. I also go eat some kind of food that he normally wouldn't be interested in, again, so it won't remind me of him.
          17 years LDR out of 18 years of marriage. Oh, yeah, plus a year of LDR courtship.

Comment

I have pictures and cards from him on my wall.
            And I have a teddy I sleep with that he gave to me.
            I wear my hoodie I bought in Wales. They all make me feel closer to him.

First Met Online: October 2010
            First Confessed Feelings: December 21, 2011
            Became a "Couple": January 7, 2012
            First Meeting: March 9-14, 2012
            Second Meeting: July 16-31, 2012
            Closed the Distance: May 30, 2013
            Engaged!: June 1, 2013
            Picking out wedding dates now!

Comment

I have a lot of pictures of my SO on my phone, and I could sit and gaze at them for hours I also like to make edit photos, and I listen to music that reminds me of him. We not only have our LDR songs but also we both love Lady Gaga, so listening to her songs tends to remind me of him They also offer me some strength. I also keep myself as busy as possible, so that way I can try to prevent myself falling foul of my emotions. Lately, I've been all over the place so yeah. Keeping busy is best.

Comment

I sleep with my boyfriends hoody. It's hard not to sleep without it. I wish I had something with his scent. I miss him. but he said he'd send something with his scent next time.
                " There is always hope.
                "

Comment

I look through the letters he has written to me or I hug the teddybear he made for me

Comment

I look at the photo album I made of us and our trip to Minneapolis, and well as he bought me an electronic photo frame so I turn it on and look at the pictures of us. c:
                    .We've Closed the Distance.
                    no matter where i am, no matter where you are
                    i'll be there when it's over baby - cause i was there from the start
                    no matter if i'm near - dont matter if you're far
                    all you do is pick the phone up baby & i'll be there when you call

Whenever you need me, whenever you want me,

Comment

If we know I'm going to be home and have a reasonable level of quiet and privacy he'll sleep with his headset on so I can hear him. It's like I'm sitting on the bed awake and he's snoring next to me Or, he'll sleep with the light on so I can watch him.

We used to do this every night, but it's not an option this time around, so we just do it two or three times a week.

Other than that, now that I've adjusted to being LD again, I don't really get unbearably lonely. Usually sending him a txt or email is enough to shake off the bad feelings.
                      Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

I always feel lonely... but I sleep with a t-shirt that has my boyfriend's cologne sprayed on it.

Something we've been doing lately is using the video chat app on our Droid phones... when we are with friends or running errands we'll chat and for a quick moment we'll feel like we're together.

Comment

Right after he left we fell asleep on the phone, for like 4 nights in a row. It's not as good as the real thing, but just the thought that I can speak and he'll be right there is nice.
                          I always cuddle up with my stuffed monkey too!
                          For me personally, cleaning is something that keeps my mind off of things. I only clean because it doesn't take a lot of concentration, so I don't need to focus when I can't, and it just keeps me going and gives me a purpose to do something.

Comment

He left me his university hoodie, and I cuddle with that to sleep most nights. He also accidentally left this travel sized shampoo behind..when I really, really miss him, smelling it makes me feel like I'm in his arms. For a second anyways.

Married: June 9th, 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Sierra View Post
                              I have a big stuffed shark that I cuddle up with. My boyfriend left his deodorant at my house so I smeared it all over the shark, that way when I hug it close I can smell him, it really makes me feel like he's there with me.

Anyone else do anything like this?
                              LOL I donŽt feel like such a creeper any more! I stole his cologne and doused my penguin in it! :P It makes me feel a little less lonely :3
                              Also, secretly, sometimes when I have a long day at work ahead of me or something, IŽll put a little bit on my sleeve or something, so every so often, I catch a whiff of his smell :3 It helps me get through the day... hehe

But seriously, when I really miss him, I make silly things like care packages or essays about us, or youtube videos... etc.

"In order to attain the impossible, one must attempt the absurd."
                              -Miguel De Cervantes

Read our story HERE
                              \

Comment

Working...
                              X