I ♥ my family/friends and my job!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I ♥ my family/friends and my job!

After last week and the discussion between Ryan and I, I knew that one of us had to visit the other soon. We are both feeling blue and missing each other probably more than we'd ever like to admit to each other. We both admitted to each other that it's very hard on us, physically, to be away from one another.

I'm not one to really throw my personal life into anyone's face, especially my supervisors or bosses. The important people in my life know about Ryan, and the important people in his life know about me. We like it that way. However, I miss him. A lot.

My birthday is soon, and soon after is Christmas. So I thought, hey, why couldn't I see if my family will help me get up there to see Ryan instead of getting me gifts, throwing me a party and celebrating with me. I took a chance bringing it up to my mom... She didn't say no. I've had friends say they'd gladly help instead of going out.

But that wasn't the problem. It was the time off work.

Today I walked into work and looked at the amount of hours I have available to use as vacation time. 22. I would need 24. It was worth the chance of asking. You can't get anywhere if you don't try or you don't ask. So I did. I asked my boss if I could talk to her. I told her that I don't really talk about Ryan, but she knew who he was from the picture on my desk. She had *NO* idea he lived in Nova Scotia and that I haven't seen him since March. I choked up, and she told me to go get the time off request form and SHE SIGNED IT!

Merry Christmas & Happy New Years, babe. We're gunna be living it up together for a week!!!!!

81 DAYS! 81 DAYS! 81 DAYS! 81 DAYS! 81 DAYS! 81 DAYS! 81 DAYS! 81 DAYS!

Congratulations. That's awesome to have such support from everyone in your life

Comment

woooo! your so lucky haha. enjoy it and live it up well .
      My favorite text message conversation:

Tobby:love ko! what are you doing?
      Nika:learning how to cook love ko.
      Tobby:cooking? please put some in a plastic bag and send some to me so i can taste it! <3
      Nika: weh? your silly! I'm learning how to cook so when we get married, I'll be cooking all your meals love ko. <3
      Tobby:your so sweet.<3 marry me now? hahaha
      Nika: We're still kids love ko, lets wait until we're more mature, but you know my answer will be yes, whenever you ask!
      Tobby:I love you so much! You're the one for me, I'll wait as long as i need to love ko. love you!
      Nika:I love you too! call me Nika Sy now.. hehe
      Tobby: Addict!
      Nika: Addicted! <3

Comment

!!! that is so exciting! congrats

Comment

Yay! That's fantastic!!!! I hope my SO's boss will be that understanding! *fingerscrossed*

Comment

That is so exciting! Time will go by so fast, and you'll be together before you know it. Have fun planning your trip!
            "I'll hold you in my heart till I can hold you in my arms again."

"It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard...is what makes it great! -A League of Their Own

Met: August 22, 2010
            Made it official: September 17, 2010
            Got engaged: January 15, 2012
            Our First Visit: November 18, 2010-November 28, 2010
            Our Seventh (and Last) Visit: November 10, 2012-November 24, 2012
            Got married: November 21, 2012
            Big Wedding Date: May 25, 2013
            Closed the Distance: June 2, 2013

Comment

That's awesome Hope you both have a great time

Comment

Congrats
                Close together or far apart, you're forever in my heart.

I love you soooo much Luke

Comment

Congratulations! You're happiness is so nice to hear! I wish you both the best! c:
                  .We've Closed the Distance.
                  no matter where i am, no matter where you are
                  i'll be there when it's over baby - cause i was there from the start
                  no matter if i'm near - dont matter if you're far
                  all you do is pick the phone up baby & i'll be there when you call

Whenever you need me, whenever you want me,

Comment

Working...
                  X