Saw A Soldier with his wife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saw A Soldier with his wife

I was at the airport Monday in Texas, coming back home and in security I saw a man in uniform hugging his wife, saying goodbye, giving a kiss and leaving. I started crying right then and there in line. It was so sad to watch...so to every woman out there with their man serving, thank you. I can't imagine how hard that must be...

I'm almost tearing up from reading this post. So beautiful, and yes I give them all the credit in the world. Thank you to all who serve.

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

I was almost one of those women. I'm barely handling "normal long distance." I have nothing but respect and gratitude for them and what they and their SOs do.
      ". . . We obviously have to come to accept it, but that doesn't stop it from gnawing at us day by day.
      The best we can do is enjoy our time together, anticipate our reunions, and remain passionate and loyal through distance." ~Mike <3

~*~11.21.2010~*~

Comment

i will be in the same position as that couple end of next year when my SO gets deploy... it will be the start of his 3 year service in the Navy.. but i am proud, honor, and respect him for serving.

Comment

Things like that break my heart. But what really tears me apart is soldiers coming back. I've watched a couple videos from youtube that has soldiers returning to their families.

In one of them, there is a little girl. Her father comes back and she says to him " Oh Daddy, I missed you so much". I seriously dissolve into a puddle of tears
          "We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love " ~ Theodore Seuss Geisel.

Comment

Ah jeez, this makes me tear up. It's so beautiful. Thank you to all those who serve their countries and the women, or significant others behind them. It makes me worried that if there was ever a large enough war my SO would have to be deployed. I hope every day that does not happen.
            .We've Closed the Distance.
            no matter where i am, no matter where you are
            i'll be there when it's over baby - cause i was there from the start
            no matter if i'm near - dont matter if you're far
            all you do is pick the phone up baby & i'll be there when you call

Whenever you need me, whenever you want me,

Comment

Thank you thats very sweet...as one of those SO with a deployed spouse I can tell you from experience that it is one of the hardest things I've ever done kissing him and watching him head to security to head overseas...and not knowing for sure if it will be the last time you see him...or the last time you will get to kiss him...and knowing it will be mid-2012 till you get to again..you just don't to let him go

---------- Post added at 11:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 PM ----------

Rugger- Some days I waste hours watching those welcome home videos...I love the ones where they surprise their loved ones...just make me cry always wanted to do it....or wanted my husband to surprise me...oh well no time soon...
              " Love don't run....Love don't hide...Love don't turn away or back down from a fight.
              Baby I'm right here..and I and going anywhere"

Mitch and Stephanie July 14, 2011

Comment

even coming from a different country i could imagine the feeling..... the worry...

Seriously think anyone who had their SO serving for military are very strong! you all are very brave *hugs*

Comment

I have nothing but a huge amount of respect and admiration for every troop out there on duty at the moment. Every soldier out there at the moment deserves a medal for their courage and bravery. Bless them <3

Comment

If what we're doing here on this site in so-called "normal" LDRs is considered hard, I can't even begin to imagine how impossible it is to do that. Thank you to all who serve, and to all their loved ones who have to go through that every tour and every deployment, our thoughts and prayers are with you also.
                    National Novel Writing Month Participant- 2010, 2011, 2012
                    National Novel Writing Month Winner- 2010, 2011, 2012

Current Writing Project: Wait Until Next Year

Comment

Aw you reminded me of when I was in America last year, at LAX airport.

There was a woman and two small girls (about 3 and 5) waiting at arrivals. And then their soldier came out, full uniform, everything and I tell you it was like a scene from a movie. The girls ran up to him "DADDY!" and he scooped them both up, hugs and kisses and gave them easter toys and candy. Mum waited patiently, although you could kinda see her itching to run to him, he put the girls down and gave her such a tender kiss, so pleased to see her. They walked away together hand in hand, one girl walking, one in his arms. So beautiful.

I swear I was in floods of tears watching them. It was so touching to witness.

I work for a charity in the UK that supports our veterans who have lost limbs and its always so touching to hear their stories. One of the most inspirational ones was a guy who was very severely injured (both legs and an arm) and as soon as he woke up, asked his girlfriend to marry him and swore to walk down the aisle...and he did it!

Ditto agreeing that if we're in "normal" LDRs I cant imagine all of you wonderful men and women whos SO's are fighting. Amazing people. *Hugs*
                      Tea and hugs make the world go round - don't ever discount the little things in life.

Smiling away to oneself brings an obscene amount of joy when only you know the reason why your smiling. Pick something secret to smile about and let it light up your face all day long!

And remember....Love really IS all around.

Comment

Working...
                      X