No announcement yet.

to those who are considering moving to be with your s/o

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used to be 100% against moving but since I've found true love I haven't totally ruled it out. lots of things would have to happen 1st- like having housing and a job to go to. my bf and I are planning on getting married and he'll be moving up here and away from his kids and family. he has said that he hasn't given it a second thought and would move anywhere to be with me.

Comment

Half the time, I'm wishing I did have a long distance relationship with my mother... but seriously, good family and friends will always be there for you. It's hard but everyone has to move on at some point.

I see it as an exciting new chapter of my life and not so much a loss.

Married: June 9th, 2015

Comment

I'm very very close with my mum and my sisters, but unfortunately all of my friends have left town and are spread all over Canada. It will make me very sad to be far away from my family, but I know I can't always be near them, and I have to give my relationship a shot. My SO is also very close with his family, but they've had a lot more challenging things happening lately, so I would prefer that he can be closer to them for now. It does help a bit knowing that my move over to him is only for about 2 years, and then he and I will be moving back to Canada. I don't know where we'll end up living long-term, but since neither of us have kids tying us to a certain place, we'll likely both end up far away from our families.

Love will not betray you, dismay or enslave you, it will set you free

Met: Cork, Ireland - December 31, 2009 • Started Dating: Cork, Ireland - May 22, 2010 • Became LD: July 15, 2010 • My Move From Canada to UK: October 26, 2011
        Closed the distance June 18, 2012!

Comment

kteire! 4 days left to go..that must be a wee bit exciting!

Anyway, My friends are scattered all around so that isn't so bad..my family I think will be fine because they love the country I will be moving to and will use it as a excuse to come and visit :P Our end plan is to move back to NZ eventually so its not like forever

Comment

To me, it's not that huge of a factor. It may sound depressing, but I lost touch with every one I used to consider a close friend here because they all got too involved in heavy drugs and other things. As far as my family goes, we are already split up across the United States and Mexico. I need the change. I live with my parents right now and it's heavily stressful. I will probably miss my parents at times, but I have also had large amounts of time away from my mom before so it will be nothing new to me. In other words, I am emotionally capable of dealing with the separation of family. Wisconsin will be a breath of fresh air.
            candi ❤ austin
            ღ5.11.2011ღ
            ❤ First Meeting [Texas] 2.17.2012 - 2.23.2012 ❤
            ❤ Second Visit [Wisconsin] 4.23.2012 - 4.30.2012 ❤
            ❤ Got Engaged 5.11.2012 ❤
            ❤ Closed The Distance June 24th, 2012 ❤
            [/CENTER]

Comment

Working...
            X