Doesn't seem interested in talking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doesn't seem interested in talking

Sorry be such a downer but i need advice.

So this is a long story but hopefully i can give a condensed version. Ive mention it in my blogs so ill link some of them if u need more info.

So about a week ago my SO said he wanted to go back to being friends and he doesnt know why. This was a week before his exams and assignments were due. HE agreed we would talk about it when he got home. https://members.lovingfromadistance....eing-friends-( More conversation is there. But after that we still talked occassionally and that and we havent mentioned it since cause we are gonna wait till he comes home.

So once we started talking occassionally i just assumed it was stress cause he had so much to do. Then on tuesday night he told me he loved me. It was so unexpected and it wasnt even after i said it. But the past couple of days i havent really heard from him and even he is on and i start talking to him we havent really had a long conversation cause then he has to go. Ive been sending him a text everday you like hru or just with soemthing that happened and he hasnt replied to them. He comes on and offline on facebook a bit. He came online this morning so I decided to try talking to him again. (I told myself not to talk to him until he talks to me but i decided to try one more time). This is what happened.

20 minutes ago
    Me: no work today?
    19 minutes ago
    Him:no
    19 minutes ago
    Me:thats good
    19 minutes ago
    Him:mmm
    19 minutes ago
    Me:hru?
    19 minutes ago
    Him:ok, u
    19 minutes ago
    Me:im good its raining here
    18 minutes ago
    Him:i no
    17 minutes ago
    Me:yup watcha doing
    14 minutes ago
    Him:...
    14 minutes ago
    Me:umm ok ill leave u be then
    13 minutes ago
    Him:mmm

And thats were it ended. Something is up but i never got a chance to ask. Also mmm is never good when conversation happens between us. Am i overreacting and is he just a bit stressed or should I be worried?? Im also friends with one of his friends on facebook and I know him well enough. Should I ask him if my SO is ok or is that crossing a line? Last time i talk to him my SO went to movies with friends and i aske him about why he wasnt going and my SO felt i was checking up on him when i wasnt. Obviously it's hard cause you dont know us personally but any suggestions or advice will be much appreciated. THANK YOU SO MUCH IN ADVANCE

I think you just need to give him some space honestly, give him time. I know it's hard but if he wants to talk to you he knows where to find you. He'll open up when he's ready.
    Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

Give him his space. One thing I hate is when someone ignores a person or isn't being straight up with them. You continue to keep moving forward and don't talk to him. If he wants to communicate with you then he will. Continue to live your life, and he might come around. Hoping for the best with you!
      God bless!! xx

Comment

I agree give him space. When my boyfriend gets too stressed to talk, I give him space.
        Plus giving him space will let him worry about you and let him wonder.
        Let him chase you.
        " There is always hope.
        "

Comment

Thank you guys ill leave him be and he can talk to me when he is ready

Comment

/gone
            “There is in every true woman's heart, a spark of heavenly fire, which lies dormant in the broad daylight of prosperity, but which kindles up and beams and blazes in the dark hour of adversity.”
            ~Washington Irving

Comment

I'm so sorry you are going through this. One thing I can't stand is the silent treatment. I'd rather know what's going on good or bad. Someone who loves you should be open with you and not leave you hanging like that. Sending prayers your way lady. I hope that everything works out the way you want them to.

Comment

It does sound like he's very busy and stressed, but if there's one thing I can't stand is when someone is rude and ignoring you is rude. He could've at the very least told you that he was busy and couldn't really talk, but that the two of you would talk later. Obviously something is bothering him, but you've reached out to him and he wasn't really responsive so I'd leave it to him to reach out to you.

In the mean time, try to keep busy. Don't sit around waiting on him to contact you, but be open and ready for discussion when he does. This is definitely a situation that needs to be confronted and talked about head on.

Comment

I'm with these guys. But no matter how stressed he is, he shouldn't be this much of a douchebag. Move on with your life and let him come yapping at your door when he needs you and he probably will. If not, then his loss. I'm sorry if this doesn't seem very sensitive to your love of him, honey, but you can't feasibly put your own needs behind his all of the time and right now, if he's being this ignorant, you're doing all the work. Stress gets to us all but that's still no reason to act like you've done something wrong when you obviously don't know what. I'm sorry this is weighing on your mind and hope it gets better for you x
                  sigpic

Comment

Honestly, I think you should just give him some space. I mean I am a student and mid-terms and exams are extremely stressful especially if you have set high aspirations for your scholastic career. However, that doesn't give him the excuse to be rude to you. You deserve better someone that will give you some respect. I know the thought of losing him may be a painful though but in the long run it could be what's best for you. The best thing is to give him space and let him figure out what he wants from this relationship. I know it's painful but everything happens for a reason.
                    .We've Closed the Distance.
                    no matter where i am, no matter where you are
                    i'll be there when it's over baby - cause i was there from the start
                    no matter if i'm near - dont matter if you're far
                    all you do is pick the phone up baby & i'll be there when you call

Whenever you need me, whenever you want me,

Comment

Thanks for all the advice and support It means alot.

Comment

Plus giving him space will let him worry about you and let him wonder.
                        Let him chase you.
                        This. Run away until you catch him
                        Three words. Fill my racing mind. Leave me breathless. Lost in time.
                        Three words. Fill my endless dreams. Repair my heart. Mend the seams.
                        Three words. Fill your heart too. Three words pronounced. I love you.

~~~~~~

You look in the mirror, you don't like what you see, don't believe it.
                        Look in my eyes, I am the only mirror you're ever gonna need.

Met online: 12/24/10 Met In Person: 2/24/11 Distance Closed: 4/24/11
                        Not one regret, not one backwards look, only towards the future and beyond!

Comment

Working...
                        X