Romance.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Romance.

So ever since my SO moved and we started an LDR. He's had to use his words much more than actions for obvious reasons. Since his move he has become more romantic than what he used to be, which I must say I love because it helps us stay close.

What romantic things as your SO done/said to help your relationship emotionally grow and withstand the distance?

PS I get to see him in 10 WEEKS <3
    " There is always hope.
    "

My SO writes me letters. He types them up and sends them to me via email. Aside from that we twitter and facebook a lot. He sends me sweet messages like, "I love you my beautiful angel, and I miss you." He also always assures me that he's thinking of me! We make it a priority to message each other daily, send pictures often, voice clips, videos, etc. It's often spontaneous and keeps the relationship exciting and fun!

Comment

We sometimes say very special things to each other. Just things like what we see in each other and how we will spend our days together, that we want kids. All that kind of mushy stuff.

Comment

My SO is amazing when it comes to showing affection. About everyday, or every time we talk he tells me he loves me. And then other times he really just makes me feel loved and tells me how much I mean to him. Tells me and just shows me that he loves and needs me and that he wants a life with me. Every time we talk about seeing each other, or having kids, or living together. I can see it all in my head and fall for him just a bit more. That he isn't afraid of commitment and wants to start a life with me. When he wrote me a love letter for no reason and sent it to me just to let me know he loves me. The things he does or says on his own out of the blue, just make me feel so loved, that I was on his mind and he wanted me to know. Gosh I love and miss him so much. He is an amazing wonderful passionate caring loving man. So happy and grateful to be able to say he's mine.
        I love you Nathan <3
        sigpic
        5/25/09 <3

Comment

(oops double post sorry)
          I love you Nathan <3
          sigpic
          5/25/09 <3

Comment

While I am the kind of person who could elaborate on my feelings for hours my SO really is not. He does tell me that he loves me and that I am special to him etc, he just doesn't go on about if for hours. He says it crisp and short, one time. Sometimes that's a bit disappointing to me but at the same time he goes out of his way to prove to me how much he loves in everything he does. He is very thoughtful, I often receive letters, packages and he's even become crafty since we're apart. One year for Valentines he made me a huge collage of picture each one with a reason why he loves me that I could hang up. It was super cute.

Comment

Well, my SO and I've had many of those moments. Even now. We still tell each other that we love each other. He's still going to send me a present on our "anniversary" and I am too. Things haven't really changed. We could both gush at each other for hours how much we love each other, but I suppose some people would find that inappropriate between best friends lol

Comment

My SO is very sweet with his words. He often sends me texts that really assure me that he loves me and is in this for the long haul. It was his idea to celebrate monthiversaries (btw today is 16 months!), which I think is very romantic. When we talk on the phone, he tells me he misses me and talks about the things he wishes we could do together. He is very good at expressing how much he loves me, and it helps a lot.

When we're together, he is also very romantic and tries to make up for time lost by takin me out on dates and such.

Comment

my bf and I talk everyday. it's been wonderful now that he FINALLY got unlimited texting and talk on his cell phone. he always tells me how he feels about me and us.

Comment

We never hang up without saying I love you. It's been the tradition ever since we began saying I love you. He's visiting me this week (leaves tomorrow...tears!) and said he had a dream about us having a baby last night :] When he talks about things like that it makes me so happy.

Became a couple: March 17th, 2010
                    Started our college long distance relationship: August 2011
                    Surprise engagement in Disneyworld! : March 22nd, 2013
                    Closed the distance: May 2nd, 2014
                    Became his wife and started our happily ever after!: May 17th, 2014

Comment

I don't sleep much, but when I was with him, one night I fell asleep on his chest while we were watching a movie. We both loved it so much. Sometimes on Skype he pats his hand on his chest, closes his eyes, and says, "right here. I wish you were here." It melts me.

Comment

Aw great thread idea, my SO seems to be the same way. Well today is Canadian thanksgiving and we are apart but right before we both start eating he sends me this text message and it makes my heart melt: "Happy thanksgiving baby...I'm thankful for my wonderful girlfriend who has made these past seven weeks almost a dream! And I'm also very thankful for the oppurtunity to come home and spend as much time as I can with her! You mean so much to me and I know you love me so much and for that I am very thankful! I love you Justine."

Soooo cute :')
                        .We've Closed the Distance.
                        no matter where i am, no matter where you are
                        i'll be there when it's over baby - cause i was there from the start
                        no matter if i'm near - dont matter if you're far
                        all you do is pick the phone up baby & i'll be there when you call

Whenever you need me, whenever you want me,

Comment

Working...
                        X