Worried about him..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worried about him..

Well, things seem to be ok on the surface. Chris is talking more, things between us aren't so awkward and our emotional pain isn't quite so bad as it was a few days ago. Now, I know Chris like I know myself and I can always tell when there's something bothering him. But something is REALLY bugging him under the surface. He's seriously regretting doing what he did on Saturday. He keeps blaming himself for everything, for all the pain and heartache we've been feeling lately and all the physical pain. He feels responsible for all the tears that have been shed. He's beating himself up pretty badly about it and although he has his friends to help him, he's really having problems under the surface coping. I was just wondering, what, if anything, can I do to help ease his pain? I mean, I'm still struggling :/ But he doesn't cope with things like this as well. We're both very sensitive but he's always been doubly afraid of hurting my feelings than I am of me hurting his.

How can I help him through this more than I already am doing? I can't bear to see him in this much pain :/

Time heals all wounds-- not always true, but time always helps. It's still fairly early for either of you to be recovered. You just need time to help you out right now. I don't think there's anything extra you can do.

Comment

Talk to him Let him know its not all his fault and the longer he beats himself up the longer it would take for things to get better. If you cant let go of something and you just cling to it you can not move forward.
      " There is always hope.
      "

Comment

Yeah i agree its going to take time. He seems to be beating himself up over how he hurt you so try and show him that your doing ok and that your ready to move on

Comment

I think the best thing is to do what you are doing. I mean, it is hard for you too. Just do the same things and remember that communication, even in a friendship, is important
          Got together Jan 3, 2011~ Closed the Distance March 23, 2012~ Living Together Since June 19 2012~ Future TBD......

I miss you more than I ever could have believed; and I was prepared to miss you a good deal." ~ Vita Sackville-west

Comment

I'll probably get roasted for this but this is my opinion...I feel that you two should just get back together and have a fresh start personally. It's obvious that you guys care enough about each other that you still love and have this deep connection... Why not give it another go? If it's really that painful to be apart? And if it's too painful to be in a relationship and you honestly don't feel that you can make it work than being friends isn't necessarily the best option either. Because neither of you are truly over each other or have had a chance to let the feelings fade...As sad and as harsh as this sounds you really have two options in my opinion:

Get back together (which I think you should)
            Stop talking to each other for however long it takes to let the pain go - so that you guys can go back and just be friends
            ^ Although there's so many flaws to that because you could just rekindle what you guys once had. HONESTLY I just think you guys are meant to be together sorry. That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

Long distance is not for the fain heart - it takes 100x more effort than CD but it also reaps 100x more benefits. Check the article on my blog!

*hugs*
            Or
            .We've Closed the Distance.
            no matter where i am, no matter where you are
            i'll be there when it's over baby - cause i was there from the start
            no matter if i'm near - dont matter if you're far
            all you do is pick the phone up baby & i'll be there when you call

Whenever you need me, whenever you want me,

Comment

In order to get fully over him and have him be in less pain, you have to stop talking. It sucks but it's the only way.

Became a couple: March 17th, 2010
              Started our college long distance relationship: August 2011
              Surprise engagement in Disneyworld! : March 22nd, 2013
              Closed the distance: May 2nd, 2014
              Became his wife and started our happily ever after!: May 17th, 2014

Comment

I do agree with everyone else if you both really want to stop hurting you need to stop talking, it's the only way it will help so you have a chance to move on and stop holding on to the lingering feelings you both have for each other.

Treasuretrooper <-- how I helped pay for some of my LDR expenses when I was in one.

Comment

Originally posted by Ms.Justine View Post
                  I'll probably get roasted for this but this is my opinion...I feel that you two should just get back together and have a fresh start personally. It's obvious that you guys care enough about each other that you still love and have this deep connection... Why not give it another go? If it's really that painful to be apart? And if it's too painful to be in a relationship and you honestly don't feel that you can make it work than being friends isn't necessarily the best option either. Because neither of you are truly over each other or have had a chance to let the feelings fade...As sad and as harsh as this sounds you really have two options in my opinion:

Get back together (which I think you should)
                  Stop talking to each other for however long it takes to let the pain go - so that you guys can go back and just be friends
                  ^ Although there's so many flaws to that because you could just rekindle what you guys once had. HONESTLY I just think you guys are meant to be together sorry. That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

Long distance is not for the fain heart - it takes 100x more effort than CD but it also reaps 100x more benefits. Check the article on my blog!

*hugs*
                  It's fine, Ms.Justine, I know where you're coming from. I spoke to Chris about things this morning. He's not ready yet to try again and I will stand by that decision for now. However, I don't doubt we'll rekindle things. We just need some time.

Comment

It sounds like you two have such a strong bond, I believe that in time, things will work out for you too. Good luck though, and hopefully everything will work out for the best soon <3
                    You never forget your first love...

Comment

Just be as strong and as understanding for each other as you are already being. Good luck. <3
                      candi ❤ austin
                      ღ5.11.2011ღ
                      ❤ First Meeting [Texas] 2.17.2012 - 2.23.2012 ❤
                      ❤ Second Visit [Wisconsin] 4.23.2012 - 4.30.2012 ❤
                      ❤ Got Engaged 5.11.2012 ❤
                      ❤ Closed The Distance June 24th, 2012 ❤
                      [/CENTER]

Comment

Working...
                      X