body image issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Minerva View Post
    I always wanted to be this tall, willowy graceful woman, but that's silly because it's not who I am or ever will be.
    Ha, that sounds like me, except for the graceful part. I'm 5'11, narrow hips, legs that make like 2/3 of my body. People describe me as slim (most of the time) and it's relatively easy to maintain weight, but I could never have have a nipped in waist no matter how much I diet because of my rather short waist. My bum is always going to look a bit flat no matter how much I exercise as it sits low on my body since my pelvis is so high.

It's funny because I always envied curvier girls like you, girls who can put on weight and still have a lovely attractive feminine shape, as the weight goes to their boobs, bum and hips. You can also lose weight and still have traffic stopping curves. If I put on weight my face and torso balloon up, I look like Mrs Puff on stilts with two slim arms hanging down to my knees. If I lose weight I look like a ruler.

And clothes! Don't even get me started on that. My friends say, "oh but all the designers make clothes for your body type". I say, "awesome, so all I need is to start wearing Prada and Alexander McQueen, I'll be sorted!" Finding something on high street for a tall girl like me is a nightmare. All the shirts and dresses are too short, waists sit too high, straps are too tight, trousers if they fit in the waist they're hanging on my hips and bum (and the other way round), legs and sleeves are too short. Everything is made for someone else, not me.

You have a much more conventionally attractive body type, even when you put on weight. And you carry extra weight much better than someone with my body type, that I can assure you of.

Like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on. - Steve Jobs

Comment

Originally posted by Malaga View Post
      Finding something on high street for a tall girl like me is a nightmare. All the shirts and dresses are too short, waists sit too high, straps are too tight, trousers if they fit in the waist they're hanging on my hips and bum (and the other way round), legs and sleeves are too short. Everything is made for someone else, not me.

You have a much more conventionally attractive body type, even when you put on weight. And you carry extra weight much better than someone with my body type, that I can assure you of.
      Tell me about it, I am 5'11 as well curvy with huge boobs. It's hell. Honestly sometimes I break down and cry.
      .We've Closed the Distance.
      no matter where i am, no matter where you are
      i'll be there when it's over baby - cause i was there from the start
      no matter if i'm near - dont matter if you're far
      all you do is pick the phone up baby & i'll be there when you call

Whenever you need me, whenever you want me,

Comment

Isn't horrible what we do to ourselves? I look at someone tall and thin and wish I had that type of body, someone tall and thin wishes she had my body. Why can't we all just be happy with what we have? Honestly, I'd kill to have the body I had at 25. I wish I'd understood back then that my body was awesome.

*sigh*

Comment

As women, we are all so beautiful. It kills me how most times we can't recognize it. We get so caught up in what we want to look like or what we think others think of us that we just don't focus on how beautiful we really are.

I know you are looking back now and lusting after the way you used to look, but some day you'll look back and lust over how you look now as well. The key is to look at yourself now and recognize how beautiful you are.

For me, it helps to put effort into my appearance. No one is going to feel attractive if they are going around in unflattering clothing all the time. Sometimes little things are wonderful confidence boosts. Just painting my nails or putting on mascara or taking the time to do something to my hair or putting on perfume are all things that give me that little confidence boost. It also helps to have clothes that flatter your body and shows off what you have.

Working out is something that also makes me feel better about myself. If you work out consistently, eventually, you'll begin to see the results in your body and for me, that's a huge confidence boost.

But regardless, we are all beautiful the way we are in this very moment. I love my body because it's mine [and you should too], imperfections and all.

Comment

It really is horrible what we do to ourselves. We have so many other sources tell us how perfect we aren't we don't need to tell it to ourselves. I mean, men go through this stuff to, but it in such a different way then women. I just try to not compare my self to people or beat myself up. I have bad self esteem days but most other days I really look at myself and find beauty in what I see.
            Got together Jan 3, 2011~ Closed the Distance March 23, 2012~ Living Together Since June 19 2012~ Future TBD......

I miss you more than I ever could have believed; and I was prepared to miss you a good deal." ~ Vita Sackville-west

Comment

Originally posted by Bethypoo View Post
              men go through this stuff to
              Mmm yes I can very much agree to this. My boyfriend has bad digestion issues, and is rather thin. He refuses to send me full body pics because of this, but I can understand what he goes through. And much like I don't listen when he says I'm not fat, he doesn't listen to me when I say he's not skinny lol

Comment

body image issues.. i think you should just follow this simple guide to stop your body image issues.. https://www.youtube.com/user/trollzryou?feature=guide
                it has helped many of my friends.
                No need to thank me. ^_^

Comment

Working...
                X