New here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New here!

Hi everyone, new to the site! I'm Marcia and I'm happily taken to a man in the US NAVY Just wanted to introduce myself and see if anyone has any advice for me. We've been dating for almost 2 years, but he just recently went into the service. Thanks for reading!

WELCOME TO LFAD! Anytime you need advice we are all here to help and lend a ear and a shoulder if need be As for general advice I always tell people that communication is the most important thing in LDRs (in any relationship for that matter). But in LDRs it is even more important because you cant see you SO and read what they are thinking nor can they read you. But yea, communication is key!

Again, welcome to the family!
    Got together Jan 3, 2011~ Closed the Distance March 23, 2012~ Living Together Since June 19 2012~ Future TBD......

I miss you more than I ever could have believed; and I was prepared to miss you a good deal." ~ Vita Sackville-west

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Welcome to LFAD and i agree communication and being on the same page about communication is important but just find a system that works for you

Comment

Hey welcome to LFAD, I'm sure you'll come to love it! Post any problems you have and I will be sure to give my two cents on the issue. c:
          .We've Closed the Distance.
          no matter where i am, no matter where you are
          i'll be there when it's over baby - cause i was there from the start
          no matter if i'm near - dont matter if you're far
          all you do is pick the phone up baby & i'll be there when you call

Whenever you need me, whenever you want me,

Comment

Welcome to LFAD...people here are great!
            "In love, two of the most important ingredients are being open and being content."

"God must have seen my need for someone who could turn my failure to victory, whose touch could turn my tears to smiles, who by just being there could turn my sadness to laughter. That's why he sent you to me."

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!

Comment

Haha, it really is a family here :3 You're one of us now! D:
                So yeah, welcome xD My advice: Stay positive! Things are never as bad as they seem. Always remember that you have the perfect man. Yeah, life through you a curveball, but hey. How many of your friends wish they could be with someone so amazing that they are worth being in a long distance relatinoship with? Psht. What few people realize is that we got it good, sister. Embrace that fact, no matter how hard things get!

"In order to attain the impossible, one must attempt the absurd."
                -Miguel De Cervantes

Read our story HERE
                \

Comment

Welcome to LFAD. Hope We can help you out while you're here

Comment

welcome to the family! I'm also dating a guy who is in the Navy, maybe you can give me some advice on handling this matter.

Comment

Hi Marcia, Welcome to the LFAD family!
                      Don't hesitate to ask for advice and share, you will find great support from all the members.

Comment

Hello Welcome x
                        sigpic

Comment

Welcome to LFAD If you need any support/advice, don't hesitate to ask.

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcomes Jgui, I'd be glad to help out!

Comment

welcome to the group. I would agree that constant open communication is key to making this work. That and remembering why you thought it was worth starting this thing in the first place and being committed to making it work.

Comment

Working...
                              X