Being around cute couples

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Being around cute couples

Is there anyway to cope with the loneliness you feel when being around your friends and their SOs?

I spent one day with my best friend and her boyfriend and I ended up crying in her boyfriend's bathroom because I felt so left out and lonely... I love them both to death but it's hard to be around them both.

Sometimes I'll look at a a random couple or a couple I'm friends with and feel that pang of longing, and sometimes I'll smile because they remind me of us. Usually it's the first one, and I usually make myself feel better by texting my SO about how disgusting and foolish they are.. I'm joking.. for the most part. Fantasizing about being with him tends to help too.

Married: June 9th, 2015

Comment

I use to love romantic comedies and now they suck! Its is just so depressing. I mean. I get sad about it but i try to keep it together. I mean, im happy for my friends who get to be in the same place as their SOs. But i really dont try and make a habit about being a 3rd wheel or the only one in a group with out an SO
      Got together Jan 3, 2011~ Closed the Distance March 23, 2012~ Living Together Since June 19 2012~ Future TBD......

I miss you more than I ever could have believed; and I was prepared to miss you a good deal." ~ Vita Sackville-west

Comment

I can definitely associate with this... I especially feel it when I go to a friend's wedding. 18 of our friends are or have gotten married this year. That's 18 couples!!! It makes me long to close the distance in the worst way!!! Especially since at least a handful of those friends were all formerly LDR couples.

Comment

Originally posted by Bethypoo View Post
          I use to love romantic comedies and now they suck! Its is just so depressing. I mean. I get sad about it but i try to keep it together. I mean, im happy for my friends who get to be in the same place as their SOs. But i really dont try and make a habit about being a 3rd wheel or the only one in a group with out an SO
          Totally agree with you Bethy!
          But well... I hope someday I'll be as happy as those couples too.

Comment

Oh I can totally agree with this. Sometimes I'll be at university and see the couples and just think "screw them and their happiness" but then I think..ah well I shouldn't be mad at them I'll be with my SO shortly. I'll often just text him telling him I miss him or etc.
            .We've Closed the Distance.
            no matter where i am, no matter where you are
            i'll be there when it's over baby - cause i was there from the start
            no matter if i'm near - dont matter if you're far
            all you do is pick the phone up baby & i'll be there when you call

Whenever you need me, whenever you want me,

Comment

I'd have to agree. There are days I'll be at my college and see a couple holding hands together and it feels like someone stuck a knife through my heart. If I go places in public and see couples, too, I start to feel a little upset and think "that was us when we were closer to each other" and makes me miss him so much more. I start to feel a little jealous and even a bit angry at first, but then I realize I should celebrate every couple's happiness and that one day we will be that couple. Plus, I'm sure someone out there feels the same way when they see my SO and I together when he's home from school or when I'm visiting him.

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

My best friend and her SO are always being cute and such together. It makes me jealous sometimes but then I remember that he is deploying either this year or next for the second time so I kick myself for being jealous. She has it worse and deserves to be cute now!
                The rest of my friends are single so it's not an issue with them. But whenever I see a cute couple on campus I get jealous. I'm used to it kinda though because we didn't go to the same high school when we were CD.

Became a couple: March 17th, 2010
                Started our college long distance relationship: August 2011
                Surprise engagement in Disneyworld! : March 22nd, 2013
                Closed the distance: May 2nd, 2014
                Became his wife and started our happily ever after!: May 17th, 2014

Comment

Seeing couples together, marrying, babies.. doesn't bother me. Having/doing all those things are easy... the hard part is finding the RIGHT person to do them with. I feel lucky that I have done the hardest part. I have my soul's mate.

Sometimes I look at those people that look so happy and feel sorry for them, because they are together everyday...yet they waste that time together and take it for granted. Married couples that have been married for 20 years don't know each other as deeply and intimately as my SO and I do, because they don't take the time.

It may look pretty, and perfect, but who knows what is underneath. Hugs to all of you that feel the pain of spring instead of the joy of newness and warmth.

Everything I know, and anywhere I go, It gets hard but it won't take away my love,
                  And when the last one falls, when it's all said and done, It gets hard but it won't take away my love

sigpic

Me without Him is like Son of Beast without the loop.

Comment

I hate it to be honest. But I like it at the same time. Hate it because I constantly see myself and Chris being the ones who are in their places and it just makes me want him close by all the more. Like it because I like seeing happiness and joy, instead of sadness, in a relationship.

Comment

I get upset sometimes but as a lot of people said I just end up texting my SO telling him I miss him. I am happy for those people don't get me wrong but there are days where it just sucks.

Comment

I think it helps to take some pride and remember how much stronger you will be after LDR. Being CD is so easy but you will never get back an experience quite like the LDR. I know a girl who sees her SO three times a day and they live together, and I can't help but wonder how being too dependent might not be the best thing.

Comment

Honestly, I just made myself get over it when I saw cute couples on campus.

It sucked at first, maybe for the first six months apart or so, but then I consciously decided that I needed to stop moping and being sad whenever I saw that. I decided that when I was at school (and thus apart from my SO) I would enjoy and cherish every minute I had with my friends, whom I love dearly. Doing that took away a LOT of the pain of missing my SO, and I kind of adopted the mindset of "My SO might not be here physically right now, but I'll always have him to come home to and I am going to be happy about that instead of being sad he's not here". It worked. I missed him of course, but it wasn't the intense, painful missing that I did the first six months or so. And now I have rock solid, deep relationships with my friends to boot (something that is vitally important to me now that we're all graduated and living apart).

Comment

I dont really find myself to be jealous though. I mean, it is nice that they get to actually be together. I just get annoyed, but then get over it. But in no way am i ever going out of my way to hang out with people and their SOs.
                            Got together Jan 3, 2011~ Closed the Distance March 23, 2012~ Living Together Since June 19 2012~ Future TBD......

I miss you more than I ever could have believed; and I was prepared to miss you a good deal." ~ Vita Sackville-west

Comment

yeah... been there!!! it just totally stinks being in this situation. it's sometimes hard seeing people together- hugging, kissing- when you know you can't be with your SO. but, I hate to say this but that's life. it's just something all of us in LDRs have to deal with until we close the distance.

Comment

Working...
                              X