hahaha this doesnt seem normal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hahaha this doesnt seem normal

people always complain how hard LDRs are and how theyre sad and how they cry for weeks
    but im perfectlly happy like this
    i get work on the relationship with my friends
    because of it i really appriciate each time that i get to talk to him
    we fight less
    and i feel like our relationship is just a lot better than when we were were CD
    i mean yeah i do miss him but its tolerable
    wwhyyyyyyyyyyyyyy whats wrong with us that im not being really depressed about this and eeverything??
    like for half a year before he actually left i was so sad and would cry all the time and planned everything and was so worried
    and now im doing great lol

You have most likely reached the milestone that so few of us reach Sometimes I am ok with the distance but then I have days when I am like "noooooo misss you"

Comment

i had moments and days like this when we were first together. Before we met in person. But now i think ive felt like this maybe... once? haha no but its just harder, I haven't gotten back into that groove. I keep replaying when he was here, and at night laying in bed just thinking of him and replaying memories. But its so good your at this point in your relationship, best of wishes to you guys always.
      I love you Nathan <3
      sigpic
      5/25/09 <3

Comment

I was like that... for the first half of our relationship. But we didnt see each other often at all. Then we spend a few months together like a 'normal' couple. Now it sucks. Dont get be wrong, being in and LDR was the best way for our relationship. If we were CD i dont think we would have worked. But yea, now, its a no bueno.

But im happy that there are people who are totally fine about it! Good for you! Im jealous.
        Got together Jan 3, 2011~ Closed the Distance March 23, 2012~ Living Together Since June 19 2012~ Future TBD......

I miss you more than I ever could have believed; and I was prepared to miss you a good deal." ~ Vita Sackville-west

Comment

I think it's harder as it goes along and also harder depending on the situation beforehand. My SO and I were long distance when we first met, but then closed the distance for a year. When we first met the distance didn't bother me at all, but when we had to go back to being long distance it was devastating. Now, I'm in a place where it isn't so hard, but I do still get sad and depressed some days. It's harder when you are going through a tough time in your life or you are having a bad day and your SO isn't there.

Comment

Some days I feel upset and other days I feel that way. I try to look at the positives in life and there are positives of LDR! Better communication, less focus on the physical, able to focus on school and friendships, less fighting, ect. I think us being LDR is actually good for us. But some days I do feel sad. I think it's all a cycle.

Became a couple: March 17th, 2010
            Started our college long distance relationship: August 2011
            Surprise engagement in Disneyworld! : March 22nd, 2013
            Closed the distance: May 2nd, 2014
            Became his wife and started our happily ever after!: May 17th, 2014

Comment

Everyone deals with it so differently. There are always different circumstances for each couple.
              Got together Jan 3, 2011~ Closed the Distance March 23, 2012~ Living Together Since June 19 2012~ Future TBD......

I miss you more than I ever could have believed; and I was prepared to miss you a good deal." ~ Vita Sackville-west

Comment

when I think of this I think of one of my favorite LD quotes. "I don't like missing you...but I love having you to miss" .
                " Love don't run....Love don't hide...Love don't turn away or back down from a fight.
                Baby I'm right here..and I and going anywhere"

Mitch and Stephanie July 14, 2011

Comment

Like bethypoo said, everyone deals with it differently. I had no trouble with the distance but I know my SO did. Its not not normal to feel this way, count yourself lucky.

Comment

Yeah, its interesting how for us when we do get to see each other we are on our best behavior. We don't fight or anything and we always plan stuff for each other's visits. This is sorta a good thing about LDR. I'm glad you are at ease with it all, spread the word haha, you might help some parents or relatives be more accepting of LDR since they would know how well it is going for you.

Comment

Before I went to stay with my SO for the summer, I absolutely hated the distance. Now that I got to spend all that time with him, I know I feel better about the distance. I still don't like it, but I don't feel so sad about it anymore. Like some of the other people said though, there are days when I'm ok with it and then there are days when I really hate the distance.
                      "I'll hold you in my heart till I can hold you in my arms again."

"It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard...is what makes it great! -A League of Their Own

Met: August 22, 2010
                      Made it official: September 17, 2010
                      Got engaged: January 15, 2012
                      Our First Visit: November 18, 2010-November 28, 2010
                      Our Seventh (and Last) Visit: November 10, 2012-November 24, 2012
                      Got married: November 21, 2012
                      Big Wedding Date: May 25, 2013
                      Closed the Distance: June 2, 2013

Comment

I suppose you could say lately I've grown to appreciate what Chris and I have better. I've been in two LDRs before my current one and I suppose they made me a little better at coping with the distance. However, my relationship with Chris has tested me to the limits; when we began this long, amazing journey that is has been, we were unprepared for the upset the distance would cause. Now, we're much stronger and although I deal with it better than he does, he still deals with it much better than I could ever have hoped for :') There are still days when I get upset and so does he, but on the whole we do pretty well.

Comment

I think the distance sucked real bad, but I was never depressed because of it. Yeah I would cry sometimes, and I missed him terribly, but I didn't have emotional break downs like some do. Each person is different in how they handle emotions, I'm more of a "don't think about it" or "laugh it off" or "pretend it's not there" type of person. Which is not always a good thing!

Comment

THANK YOU! Me too!

I get to have my freezer filled with only MY favourite icecream (mint chocolate chip, which Miguel DESPISES.)
                            I only have to shave when I´m too hairy to stand it
                            I don´t have to split my time between him and my friends.
                            I know 100% that he´s not just with me for the sex haha.
                            I know I fell in love with him as a person, not just as that sexy kid who´s personality I mentally tweaked to fit my perfect image of him.
                            Free room and board in a seriously expensive part of the country! xD
                            And gosh darn diggity dang, but have I learned how to be patient from it.

There´s so many awesome things

"In order to attain the impossible, one must attempt the absurd."
                            -Miguel De Cervantes

Read our story HERE
                            \

Comment

Working...
                            X