No announcement yet.

Silly Doctor Phil.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He got divorced, so close distance didn't work for him. If he can't get close distance right, he has no right to tell long distance people what they can or can't do.

Comment

Originally posted by nic&matt View Post
      He got divorced, so close distance didn't work for him. If he can't get close distance right, he has no right to tell long distance people what they can or can't do.
      WOW did not know that. What right does he have to give relationship advice at ALL then? Heīs speaking neither as a real doctor, nor as someone in a successful relationship, close or long distance. Que paso?? D:

---------- Post added at 01:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 AM ----------

Originally posted by Silvaria View Post
      I gave up on Dr. Phil several years ago, when a very religious, distraught mother of a lesbian said, "Homosexuality is a choice, and people can -choose- NOT to be gay!"

As a supposed doctor of science, it was his duty to present the other side, that homosexuality may not be a choice at all...instead, he sat there and let this woman rant about what a sin it was, and so on...which is fine, I have no problem with that opinion, but if he was truly "unbiased", he would have presented the other side of the argument.
      This REALLY bothers me. I donīt know if any of you know who John Barrowman is, (The actor who plays Captain Jack in Doctor Who & Torchwood DD) but he is openly gay, and he made a documentary about whether being gay was a choice or not. Almost all of the tests the scientists he brought in performed showed that it was not, in fact a choice, and was closer to being linked to genetics.

"In order to attain the impossible, one must attempt the absurd."
      -Miguel De Cervantes

Read our story HERE
      \

Comment

This just really upsets me.

You can totally support someone across distance. You can have that daily give and take. It can be a totally healthy, successful, and amazing relationship.

So shut up Dr. Phil

Comment

Originally posted by nic&matt View Post
          THANK YOU <3

*~*~*Forever & Always*~*~*

Comment

It would be great if we could get this discussion to him somehow :P

"In order to attain the impossible, one must attempt the absurd."
            -Miguel De Cervantes

Read our story HERE
            \

Comment

The way he starts out the answer with a 'pfft ya right' attitude bugged me. I agree that it helps to have a light at the end of the tunnel but there are more then enough examples here to prove thats not the determining factor for one to work.

Maybe if we all sent an email to him (either stating how we disagree or with a link to the thread) he'd get the point.
              https://www.drphil.com/plugger/respond/?plugID=9164

Comment

Snow_girl - the email link isn't working

I'm with the rest of you guys in that there should be a light at the end of the tunnel, but this man's attitude is ridiculous - I mean - "Come on, you know the answer to that?" Yep - we do - it happens every day, year after year for all of us.

Comment

Working...
                X