How can I help improve things?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can I help improve things?

Happiness is sometimes short lived I'm afraid to say. My SO is having a really rough time right now. His parents are being pains in the asses AGAIN, yelling at him for no reason and making his life sheer hell, and his father is giving him a rough time because he can't do or say anything without being shouted at. If Chris looks at him a certain way, his father will yell at him and he'll drop his eyes, causing his father to yell at him again and say that he's avoiding his gaze. He can't look him in the eye, or look away. He can't say anything or speak up clearly because otherwise his father will say he's giving him "attitude" and he'll just get shouted at again. He's also taken Chris's electronics AGAIN and is trying to limit his contact with his friends and from playing video games, which is one of the ways he relaxes. He's getting a ton of chores to do each and everyday when he gets back from school, and his schooling and some upcoming exams are all adding to the pressure he's under. He's suffering from a lack of physical touch too, but I managed to ease our pain this morning when we had a lot of time together alone. Apart from me and his friends, he's got no release from the turmoil he's facing.

I hate having to come back here and keep asking for help. I just don't have anyone else to turn to personally who'd be able to offer me advice as good as you guys can...

I'm just really worried about him. I've never seen him this down before. Is there anything I can do, or anything I can tell him, that might make this situation a little more bearable for him?

Honestly there is is nothing you really can do other than be there when he is able to talk. There are certain things you cant help and nothing more you can do than hold their had through it. And we dont get to hold their hand so you just have to be there when he can talk and remind him you are there and that you always intend to be.
    Got together Jan 3, 2011~ Closed the Distance March 23, 2012~ Living Together Since June 19 2012~ Future TBD......

I miss you more than I ever could have believed; and I was prepared to miss you a good deal." ~ Vita Sackville-west

Comment

My SO's family members are like this. They treat him horribly. He moved out for a little bit but had to move back in due to finances. The only thing we can really do as SOs is be there for them when they want to talk about it and distract them when they don't. If you can send a present or a letter (if his parents allow it), that could help. But don't do it if he'd get in trouble.

Became a couple: March 17th, 2010
      Started our college long distance relationship: August 2011
      Surprise engagement in Disneyworld! : March 22nd, 2013
      Closed the distance: May 2nd, 2014
      Became his wife and started our happily ever after!: May 17th, 2014

Comment

Working...
      X