Should I talk to him????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should I talk to him????

Im sorry for posting another problem in the forum. I swear this is hopefully the last one. I think everyone knows the problems me and my SO have been having lately. He came home Friday night its now Sunday night. He was online for most of the night last night and he is online right now. I decided to try and wait for him to talk to me. He is yet to do anything. I mean if he still wants to go back to being friends wouldnt he want to get it over and done with. And if not wouldnt he want to just generally talk???? I was talking to my friend who thought that he is not talking to me to make me break up with him. Is this possible?? How long do I give him?? Do I just confront him??? I really want for him to talk to me first cause I have always had to intiate conversations lately. Im just so confused by everything. This isn't like him. My friend tried talking to him( I didnt ask or suggest) and she said he was different and seemed cranky and there convo only lasted like 5mins. Any advice would be much appreciated cause I'm so confused

I'm really sorry you're having to go through this. I understand how you feel right now completely. *hugs*

There's a lot of reasons why he could be acting this way. Most likely thing is, he's hurting a lot still over what has happened and he just wants time to himself in order to get over it. In that case, I think the best thing you can do is give him the space he needs and some time in order for him to come round. However before you do that, I'd just send him a message saying something along the lines of "Hey, do you want me to leave you alone for a bit?" If he replies and says yes but nothing else, then you'll have your answer. Stay away until he reinitiates contact between you both. If he tells you no, then there's your cue to talk things out with him if he feels like it. If he doesn't reply, I'd just leave him be and he'll answer you when he's ready.

The other possibility I can think of is perhaps he's simply just ignoring you. This isn't fair to you, but there may not be anything you can do until he's ready to talk. If he's cranky then that shows to me he's upset and he probably just wants time alone. Don't contact him until he contacts you first.

As for what your friend told you, it may or may not be a possibility, everyone does things differently and it's hard to say for sure. If this is indeed the case, and he makes it plainly that he's doing just that, then I'm afraid to say it may just be not possible to rekindle things.

What I would suggest for now is don't just give up yet. It's only happened recently and you need to wait longer to see how he reacts. I know it's hard, trust me :/ I know. But give it some time, and you'll eventually have your answer. I wish you the best of luck and I hope things work out for you soon.

Comment

Yes, talk to him. Playing games and seeing if he contcts you first will get you nowhere. Just be upfront with him. If he doesn't talk to you, that is really all the answer you need isn't it? Don't wait around and get your heart broken by someone not willing to give you the time of day.
      Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

So I started talking to him and this is what happened: (thought it would be easier to post then condense)
        ME:hey
        HIM: hi
        ME: how have you been?
        HIM: goodu
        ME:ive been ok
        HIM:ok
        ME: did you want me to leave you be or do u want to chat?
        HIM:chat about what
        ME:i dont know stuff in general
        i still have my list somewhere
        HIM:mmm
        ME: if ur not up for a chat you dont have to
        HIM: to be honest i have nothing to talk about anymore
        ME:ohh ok so havent been doing anything much lately?
        HIM: beside drove home
        no
        ME:yeah havent been doing much either had the place to mysefl from friday night till sunday morning
        HIM:i know
        ME:woops did i tell u already
        HIM: no facebook
        ME:ohh yes thats right
        u busy on tuesday
        ME:umm not in the morning but i have work and a meeting and tabel tennis
        HIM:cause we need to talk and the later we leave it the worse it gets
        ME:yeah i know will we have enough time tuesday mornign?
        HIM:yeah it wont take long
        ME:ok so tueday
        ME:u come here? or we meet somewhere?
        HIM:i'll come over
        ME:ok what time?
        HIM:around 10 ish
        ME:ok sounds good if you think we will have time
        HIM:it wont take long
        ME:ok so i shall see u on tuesday then
        ME:ill talk to u then byw
        bye**
        HIM:bye

Comment

*hugs* I wish you luck when the two of you talk.

Comment

Maybe talking things out in person would be best. Its good that he still wants to talk. Just wait and see how things go.
            " There is always hope.
            "

Comment

Wow, that is just annoying. People shouldn't play any sort of guessing game with their SOs. It is ridiculous. That just isnt okay. See what he has to say but I would assume from that it isnt going to be something want to hear. And if he says you guys just need to figure a way to work it out, you need to let him know that what he is doing, ignoring you and that short answer crap, isnt any way to work things our.

He needs to put on his big boy pants and decide what he wants instead of torturing you with his indecision!
              Got together Jan 3, 2011~ Closed the Distance March 23, 2012~ Living Together Since June 19 2012~ Future TBD......

I miss you more than I ever could have believed; and I was prepared to miss you a good deal." ~ Vita Sackville-west

Comment

hahah im not sure why but ur post Bethypoo made me laugh well at least the big boy pants part. Its probably something I dont want to hear but really I'd rather have our relationship ended than him not talking to me. I'm not sure what he wants anymore but we shall just have to see what happens when he comes over tomorrow. I shall keep you all update with what happens. THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR KIND WORDS AND SUPPORT

Comment

Working...
                X