This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pretty much a guaranteed "No"

Its been 2 months since my ex and I broke up. Mentally I couldn't handle the distance, and eventually it started affecting him as well. In the end, we decided on mutual terms to break up. I've been dealing with it the best I can, and frankly, I haven't been doing good. I still love the man as much as I ever did, and I'm still hanging on to that dying hope of us ever getting together again. But... as of today, I can say that its pretty much a guaranteed no to any sort of relationship ever coming to pass with us again.

A long while back, he had proposed the idea of splitting the rent on an apartment sometime in the future (wouldn't be until he found stable income, which he has now, even though its really not a lot). Trying to breath life into the idea of a relationship, I asked him if the offer was still open. His answer? He'd love to, but he doesn't know if he'll be able to. If current trends continue (low income, dependent on his parents, etc) then the answer would be a no, as he couldn't pay for the rent and food. With him saying no, I'll basically be living with another friend of mine who was option B, and will probably do so for the next 2 years of my schooling that's left. There's no way in hell I would drop what I have out here to move to where he is, unless I got accepted into graduate school out there. But when he says there are too many variables to know if he could move out here 6 months or more from now, I can say the same thing about what's going to be going on in my life in 2 years. So... quite frankly... any hope of any relationship existing between us again is totally shot and dead.

I'll never commit myself to another long distance relationship, because mentally I cannot handle it. I tear myself apart until the point where it effects my friends, family, and significant other. So, I guess this is goodbye LFAD. It was nice while it lasted.

Such a shame to here but I hope things pick up for you.

Comment

Wish you all the best

Comment

opps, double post
        Last edited by msskunk; October 17, 2011, 06:36 AM. Reason: double post

Comment

Good luck in everything.
          "I'll hold you in my heart till I can hold you in my arms again."

"It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard...is what makes it great! -A League of Their Own

Met: August 22, 2010
          Made it official: September 17, 2010
          Got engaged: January 15, 2012
          Our First Visit: November 18, 2010-November 28, 2010
          Our Seventh (and Last) Visit: November 10, 2012-November 24, 2012
          Got married: November 21, 2012
          Big Wedding Date: May 25, 2013
          Closed the Distance: June 2, 2013

Comment

Best of luck in the future and I hope everything works out for you soon!

Comment

I'm sorry to hear that as well. I hope things work out and you find the happiness you deserve.

Comment

Talked to my ex today about everything I'm feeling, and thinking, and I believe I've finally gotten the closure I needed. Goodbye to everyone here, and the best of luck to you all.

Comment

Working...
                X