Anyone here enjoys Roller skating?

double post. :X

and now the one that was double is gone as well. *sigh*

will try to remake it. :/
    Last edited by Engel; October 18, 2011, 10:21 PM. Reason: double post
    our story.

sigpic

02.02.2012 - When we got married and closed the distance once and for all

"If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse."

LMAO! I suck at roller skating. Ive done it once and fell on my ass just by standing up off the bench. Good times and it looks fun but soooo isnt something for the uncoordinated... and me.
    Got together Jan 3, 2011~ Closed the Distance March 23, 2012~ Living Together Since June 19 2012~ Future TBD......

I miss you more than I ever could have believed; and I was prepared to miss you a good deal." ~ Vita Sackville-west

Comment

wait, both of my posts are gone? noo, i wrote like a gigantic post about roller skating, with pictures and all. ble. :/
      our story.

sigpic

"If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse."

Comment

lol fun thread. I love roller skating... but im really bad at it haha. Im scared of falling. Me and my little sis were out together and she's practically skating circles around me, telling me to go faster. i'll be like I can't i'll fall!! But yeah its a ton of fun
        I love you Nathan <3
        sigpic
        5/25/09 <3

Comment

lol I can propel myself forward but I fall sometimes. No tricks or anything. It's been forever since I have done it though :P
          " Love don't run....Love don't hide...Love don't turn away or back down from a fight.
          Baby I'm right here..and I and going anywhere"

Mitch and Stephanie July 14, 2011

Comment

My best friend is AMAZING at roller skating! she is in a roller derby team and it scares me sometimes watching her play

Myself on the otherhand..im okish..okish as in I don't fall down about 50% of the time I have skates on..

Comment

I'm not very goot at skating but I'd love to learn. Engel, I know you play roller derby and I think that's awesome. I'd love to learn how to play. I love rough sports.
              "We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love " ~ Theodore Seuss Geisel.

Comment

I used to love rollerskating and ice skating and always wanted to join roller derby!

Comment

I loved roller skating when I was younger. I went everywhere on my skates! I think I stopped when I was about 16 because I was involved in different sports by then. I think the next time I go home to visit my parents I will check if my roller skates are still there. I should try it again. I think that'd be fun
                  Engel: Rugger mentioned you play roller derby! I’d love to learn more about it. Please share some stories and some of your experiences.

Comment

I love inline-skating! I am pretty good a it. I am a slalom skater And I like ice skating too.

Comment

I never liked inline skating that much, i dont know, i didnt find them beautiful when i was a child, lol

so now, me being a grow up i decided to learn how to roller skate propperly and i am in a roller derby team as fresh meat. still a lot to learn and get better though, but when i think that april this year i could not even stand up on roller skates, even less walk or run, lol
                      I see ive come a long, long long way and got a thousand times better but still have an even longer way to get where i want to be.

is just i find it really relaxing and fun to skate with my SO, be bought cheapo inline skates before (will add pictures after that were in my previous post that deleted itself *cries*) and when they started to fall appart i adviced him on what skates to buy and he got rebel invaders that are the best you can get for not so much money when it comes to roller skates, and he is falling on his butt all the time while practicing on his own, lol

ive been there, so as soon as im back home with him i will help him to get better, i really want to go to a roller disco rink somewhere with him, must be amazing!
                      our story.

sigpic

Comment

I would LOVE to do roller derby, but there aren't any teams near me. =(

I loved to roller skate when I was a kid, and would love to get back into it. Hmmm...

Comment

I used to play inline skate not really common in town where i were grew up but hahah that was until highschool i think.. i love it

Comment

Oh I love roller skating!! I used to compete in roller skating "dance" when I was younger....always wanted to try roller derby though.

Comment

Originally posted by Minerva View Post
                              I would LOVE to do roller derby, but there aren't any teams near me. =(

I loved to roller skate when I was a kid, and would love to get back into it. Hmmm...
                              No? where do you live? there are derby leagues all over the world now, there is even a derby map, but i dont know how long its been since it was updated, so it can be that there are some team next to you and it isnt in the map yet

you can try the derby roster:
                              https://www.derbyroster.com/

and derby esrth (the map i mentioned):
                              https://www.derbyearth.com/p/every-r...-on-earth.html

---------- Post added at 08:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 PM ----------

Originally posted by Neme View Post
                              Oh I love roller skating!! I used to compete in roller skating "dance" when I was younger....always wanted to try roller derby though.
                              I would looove to learn to dance on roller skates! i dont have an artistic boot but i guess my derby boots would make-do for a while. i wanted the first dance on my wedding with my so to be on roller skates, lol

good thing we have more than an year for the religious cerimony (will marry in the courthouse this january and one year after the religious cerimony), so i have hope that til there he will go trhough the falling on his bums phase.
                              our story.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X