Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If it wasn't for ___, we would have never met.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 things - online dating and the fact is was already on the train to meet him;

Long story short on the way to our first date (we met on a dating site) I told him I'd be wearing a red coat so he could recognise me. He thought it would he funny to tell me he hadn't bothered to shower and was covered in mud from work and his tracksuit bottoms had a huge hole on the knee. My initial thought was that this guy hadnt made an effort on our first date and I was a bit offended. Turns out he was totally joking and had a lovely pair of jeans and shirt. Shallow maybe, but we still laugh about it now in a 'imagine if I'd turned around and gone home cos I thought you were a scruffy weirdo who didn't care!' Xx

Comment

If it wasn't for tumblr and a general distaste for our fickle friends at the time, this leaving us with nobody to talk to, we wouldn't have met.
      Luckily she was messaging "cool bloggers" she followed asking if they wanted to Skype chat
      Met: Apr 2013
      Mutual interest: July 2013
      Relationship Began: November 6 2013
      First Visit (Her to Me): July 4 2014
      Second Visit (Me to Her): Jan/Feb 2015 Postponed due to sister having baby
      Second Visit! (Her to Me again): June 16 2015 - July 4 2015
      Engaged: June 29 2015 <3
      Third Visit: (Her to me, working on it) January 19 2016 - February 2 2016

Comment

If it wasn't for my classmate that gave me a link to a language exchange site and a lot of good timing, I probably would never have met her.

So much good timing lol. I had just decided to learn Chinese that year, and luckily had a friend who was trying to run a small class where I met that one person that gave me the website link. She messaged me just a week before I locked my account, since I had met too many people to talk with. She even told me that I was the only one she ever talked to. So lucky that I was the first one to respond to her messages.
        First contact: March, 2014
        Official LDR: June, 2014
        Married since: August, 2017
        “有一种幸福就是每天睁开眼睛,就知道你在。” -Xinxin

Comment

If it wasn't for me calling him old on his 22nd birthday, we would have never met.
          For he is mine and I am his.
          Nothing beautiful is ever perfect.

Comment

If it wasn't for Instagram, me consuming a ridiculous amount of mimosas at happy hour aannddd my best friend amping me up. I would have never had the courage to direct message him.

Comment

If it wasn't for me excessively playing a video game and getting involved in that community, we never would have met.

Comment

If it wasn't for Xbox Live we would've never met! Shout out to Black Ops and my bf screaming into his mic so I'd tell him to shutup (which started conversation...lol)
                "I ran to him. I dropped my luggage and ran to him. My heart melted in my chest as I wrapped my arms around his neck. I could feel him. I could kiss him. I could smell him. He was real. He was here. He is mine."

He could be a million miles away...and still be worth every single mile <3

We met in 2012
                We became a couple in April 2014
                Our lips first met August 8, 2014
                Our beautiful 2nd visit was November 2014
                Hoping to visit again for a New Years kiss
                We'll spend my birthday and Valentines day in each other's arms <3 - Feb 2015
                Our "spring break" in March 2015
                Summer fun - June 2015
                DISNEY WORLD!!! Sept 2015

LOVE > DISTANCE
                QUALITY > CONVENIENCE

Comment

If it was not for me becoming sick and joining the patient organization, I would not have gone on the health trip where I met him. So actually, getting sick was a blessing in some ways!
                  I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
                  - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

If it wasn't for Chatimity.com we would have never met.

Comment

If it wasn't for his grandma living in our building, we would've never met. :-)

Comment

if it wasn't because of my Instagram post and he leaving some comment, and likes i wouldn't noticed him esp. with his weird username, making me think he was a Japanese. we wouldn't met.

Comment

double post sorry!
                          Last edited by AlexaNicolexo; February 15, 2015, 08:41 AM.

Comment

I know it's a shady place to meet, but we've been together for over a year now and have had 3 visits so far! haha, felt the need to explain before I said this.

If it wasn't for Omegle, we would have never met.
                            If it wasn't for him staying up so late, we would have never met.
                            If it wasn't for the both of us clicking 'next' at the EXACT same time, we would have never met.
                            If I had waited just .2 seconds later to click 'next', we would have never met.

It scares me sometimes how precise it all had to be. Like, just .2 seconds difference and I would have never met that sweet boy. I'm so grateful, though, that I didn't wait those .2 seconds more.
                            Last edited by AlexaNicolexo; February 15, 2015, 08:42 AM.

Comment

If it wasn't for plentyoffish.com (although we were both paying for match at the same time and didn't find each other there...), we never would have met.

If it wasn't for my couch and 2 cats, we never would have met.

If it wasn't for us both cancelling other dates, we never would have met.

If it wasn't for him giving up a nice job to go to grad school with his best friend, we never would have met.

If it wasn't for my ex's car getting repossessed and him going back to live with his mother just weeks before, we never would have met.
                              Met online: Nov 2010 - Met in person: Nov 20, 2010
                              Closed the distance: April 27, 2011
                              Accepted to PhD program 200 miles away: March 2012
                              LD again: July 24, 2012
                              Left School and Closed the Distance for good: March 8, 2013
                              Married: November 1, 2014
                              Started job 200 miles away: February 23, 2015

Comment

Originally posted by randomnerd View Post
                                If it wasn't for me excessively playing a video game and getting involved in that community, we never would have met.
                                ^this goes for me aswell!

Comment

Working...
                                X