Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New but not really and things are great!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New but not really and things are great!

Hello everyone!

My name is Andrea and I had a previous account on here but i can't remember any of my log in information, got a new computer and on my previous it was all auto fill

The person I was with while I was on here before, well we are no longer together. I went to Italy for 3wks in December to see him and the day after i got back he broke up with me via FB! Yea FB, although in all fairness all we really had was FB and Skype to communicate. I had no idea this would happen while i was there, things were good or so I thought. He didn't speak to me for months either then out of the blue one day he got me on skype and explained himself. I knew he freaked out and it's very personal for him and I. I hold no ill feelings towards him, he was very good to me although the whole break up the next day thing made him lose points in a major way. He kind of just freaked out and got cold feet so to speak. After we spoke I felt better about the situation but I knew we would not get back together and it hurt for about a month when we first broke up then I was over it. I can't force someone to be with me when they aren't even ready for a real relationship.......so that brings me to now, almost a year later.

My bf now has been in my life as a close friend for over a year, almost two. He knows all about my ex in Italy and was there for me before, during and after everything happened. I always liked him but had a bf and the closer we got after my ex and I broke up the more i realized how I felt for him and vice versa. It is weird honestly because I felt this connection when he was here in May, we both did and it was the same day. I had this feeling of "this is my one and only" and so did he. We are so much a like it's crazy. My ex and I got along well but he lacked communication and showing emotion and that is something I have to have esp with long distance. I was very skeptical at first because he lives thousands of miles away due to work. Im in the states and he is on Ascension Island lol. He has however shown me that communication is not a problem for him and it isn't for me since I have dated LD before. He can come home three times a year which is nice and he will be here next month for my bday and I can't wait!

I fell in love with my best friend to be honest! He was the one person who has always been there and knows me good or bad and has seen me at my worst and still loves me. He is the most supportive guy I have ever been with. I listen to him and take his advice because I know it comes from the heart and he means it. It is a nice feeling and it still feels like it's not real. I always hated the saying "everything happens for a reason" but i truly believe there is a reason that saying exists! I haven't been this happy in a very long time, about a decade in a relationship. I won't say I was unhappy in my previous LDR, I just felt something was missing and I was too prideful to admit it because I wanted it to work. We had a great relationship til he had to go overseas. (military). I really did love him but he needs to find himself before he can give himself completely to someone and I respect that. I hope he is happy one day and finds love for himself. I know he had a hard time dealing with the distance and me not being there. I could tell while I was there and even in the message he sent when he ended it. It was hard and I closed myself off for a good month from everyone but my now BF who the entire time was the one person who let me have my space. He was there if I needed him but didn't push the issue. He has always been there and it took me a while to realize it when I probably should have seen it sooner!

So I'm back and hopefully this time i don't lose my log in information! I got a new laptop since my old one died the day my ex broke up with me lol BAD time to have a computer's motherboard to go out on you! That day was the worst day for so many reasons lol No wonder I became a hermit for a month! So I don't even remember my SN on the old one. It was something with Paris, so if anyone remembers me (long shot i know) I'd like to know my name lol I made LDR icons for some people if that helps. I even had a thread on it I think. I still make them so if anyone has a request I can still do it! New Macbook Pro so no computer issues!

Im happy to be back here, this site really helped because as you know dating someone LD isn't easy and only those who do it understand!

Welcome back!

I did a quick search for "Icons" and found your old profile, I think! Your user name was Paris. The post I found was from just before you left for Italy. Sorry to hear about your last relationship, but I'm happy to hear that you're in a better relationship now!

Here's the thread I found: https://members.lovingfromadistance....ighlight=icons

Comment

Welcome back!
      Got together Jan 3, 2011~ Closed the Distance March 23, 2012~ Living Together Since June 19 2012~ Future TBD......

I miss you more than I ever could have believed; and I was prepared to miss you a good deal." ~ Vita Sackville-west

Comment

Yay looks like you have your old profile back..I wonder if Michelle can find your passwrod for you or something?

Anyway, Welcome back!

Comment

Welcome back and glad to hear your new relationship is going well
          You never forget your first love...

Comment

Welcome back!
            "I'll hold you in my heart till I can hold you in my arms again."

"It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard...is what makes it great! -A League of Their Own

Met: August 22, 2010
            Made it official: September 17, 2010
            Got engaged: January 15, 2012
            Our First Visit: November 18, 2010-November 28, 2010
            Our Seventh (and Last) Visit: November 10, 2012-November 24, 2012
            Got married: November 21, 2012
            Big Wedding Date: May 25, 2013
            Closed the Distance: June 2, 2013

Comment

Thanks everyone!

Also thanks for finding my old account! I think it's better to have a new one. I have closed that part of my life and moved on. I think reading it now might make me a little bitter and I have tried not to be that way. I understand his decision and well everything happens for a reason.

Comment

Sounds like I good idea...Well welcome back
                " Love don't run....Love don't hide...Love don't turn away or back down from a fight.
                Baby I'm right here..and I and going anywhere"

Mitch and Stephanie July 14, 2011

Comment

Working...
                X